Had My Sansa for Three Weeks and Never Been Able to Use it!

Greetings,

Beware before you buy this player or you may find yourself in same situation as Im in.

I bought the Sansa Connect with great expectations but have been severly disappointed.

Even after signing up for the Music To Go! service at Yahoo my player claims I don’t

have an account. When I tried (many times) to sign up again Yahoo claims I do have an account

but the player still claims I don’t. Since the service is only offered to Sansa Connect customers (this

is scary in itself since it’s probably only a matter of time until Yahoo stops offering it completely)

you can’t buy this service on the Yahoo! website. Anyway, after three weeks of SanDisk/Yahoo

tech support I still can’t use my player and my e-tailer won’t let me return it. SanDisk support

is now ignoring me and won’t answer my emails. So I’m left with $150.00 radio and a lot of anger

directed toward SanDisk for not making people aware of the Music To Go! situation.

Regards,

John Davis

you need to contact yahoo music and have them rebuild your account.

Try looking up your account at www.yahoo.com/music.  Sign in and verify that Yahoo sees your account as a valid To Go account.  If it’s not seen as a To Go account there, then your Sansa Connect will think you don’t have a To Go account. 

You can also try resetting your device back to factory default, and then signing into your Yahoo! account again.  I’m hoping the re-authenticating will clear up any confusion with your Yahoo! account.

-ML

john_davis20 wrote:

Greetings,

Beware before you buy this player or you may find yourself in same situation as Im in.

So I’m left with $150.00 radio and a lot of anger

directed toward SanDisk for not making people aware of the Music To Go! situation.

Regards,

John Davis

This is my fear as well.  At least your Internet Radio works.  Mine did for a couple of weeks until customer support supposedly fixed my “To Go” account.

If for some reason your account isn’t a to-go account, it’s an easy fix.

I had to spend about 2 hours on the phone with various yahoo support people- but this ended up being the fix

Cancel your current Yahoo Music Unlimited Subscription.

Go to: http://music.yahoo.com/sansa

Re-sign up for To-Go. Make sure to use THE SAME YAHOO ID so that all your music bookmarks are still there.

Now you’re back in business.

If you’re in the middle of subscription, call support before you do this- ask for the highest level support you can, and they can authorize a pro-rated refund for the portion of your subscription you didn’t use before your “upgrade”