HELP!!!!

I have no idea what I am doing with this thing and I hit FORMAT by mistake and erased over 344 songs off my husbands device! Is there any way I can get them back??? Please help

Sorry, FORMAT means ERASE EVERYTHING FOREVER.

Don’t ever do it unless you’re really really really sure that’s a good thing to do.

Hopefully he has a backup of those songs…

Well, formatting the device erases everything on it, but this does not affect the computer.  You’ll need to reload your music.

The burning question: where did the music come from?  If it’s ripped from CDs using Windows Media Player, copies of your music should be in the player’s library.  If you connect the Sansa, then select the sync tab, you can drag and drop your desired albums from the album view, or select individual songs by dragging them to the sync pane on the right.

If they were from a service like Rhapsody or Napster, the process is similar.

If all else fails, it’s time to grab those CDs and rerip them to wma or mp3 format for retransfer to your device.

In the future, always keep backups of your music on the PC, as these things can happen, quite easily, as you’ve discovered.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

neutron_bob wrote:

In the future, always keep backups of your music on the PC, as these things can happen, quite easily, as you’ve discovered.

And also pay attention to the warning message on the player itself:

ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO FORMAT THIS DEVICE?

Anytime a computer or electronic device asks you this question, or gives you a 2nd chance at changing your mind, step back for a moment and ask yourself WHY?

You only see warnings like this when the consequences are pretty severe or irreversible.

Chances are your husband had/has backups of these songs on his computer, so you should be able to replace them before he finds out. :wink:

Even if he does find out, that’s the reason for back-ups on the computer; for situations like this. And re-loading 344 songs won’t take any time at all.

Now, if he didn’t plan ahead and leave back-up copies for re-transfer in case of emergencies, then turn it around and blame him. It’s HIS fault! :smileyvery-happy:

Indeed, but you may also remind him, with a smile of course, that the wife is always right.

See?  I have that one already figured out.  What’s a Daddy to do?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I agree

@sansablue11 wrote:

I agree

Sweet!

The most obvious answer:

PUT THE SONGS BACK ON BEFORE YOUR HUSBAND KILLS YOU!!! 

lol…nice advice NissanSkyline
Is it a GTR?! XD

Lol, all skylines are gtrs except for the new 09 and up models. Theyre just gt-r with no name of skyline in it. But the funny thing is that it is still an R series in the nissam line 
(r33,r34, r35…)

@nissanskyline wrote:
Lol, all skylines are gtrs except for the new 09 and up models. Theyre just gt-r with no name of skyline in it. But the funny thing is that it is still an R series in the nissam line 
(r33,r34, r35…)

Just how many of these are there? :stuck_out_tongue:

You can chek it out yourself Here

@nissanskyline wrote:
You can chek it out yourself Here

Thanks for the link; but I couldn’t find any of the “09 and up models” you were talking about.

Where are they?

There not the 09 models. there the ones that are about 10 years old… mostly used for drifting.

the r35 is 09 and up

@nissanskyline wrote:
the r35 is 09 and up

That’s what I’m trying to find out from you. How many are there and exactly where are these “and up” models?

3 to be exact.the infinity g37 is considdered a skyline because of the shared chassis, the 09’ gt-r which produces 480hp, then the spec-v edition of that. If you consider the nismo edition another type since nismo is nissans in house tuning department like amg, TRD, Mugen, STI, Ralliart, Abarth… that would make 4.