Got A New Clip Zip In The Mail From Sandisk And Have A Question

When I first bought my Clip Zip I had problems with it pretty frequently.  Then my Clip Zip froze on the welcome screen every time I turned it on, so I called Sandisk and they said they would send me a new one.

My question is would my Clip Zip run more efficiently if I put all my music on my 32gb micro sd card instead of filling up the players internal memory then putting the remaining music on my sd card?  I was just really dissapointed with all the problems and I’m wondering if this would make the player run better.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I don’t think it should make a difference, if the player is working correctly.

@kj177 wrote:

My question is would my Clip Zip run more efficiently if I put all my music on my 32gb micro sd card instead of filling up the players internal memory then putting the remaining music on my sd card?   

The short answer? No.

The best thing one can do with any SanDisk player to speed things up and avoid weird behavior is clean up your ID3 tags. I can’t stress this enough. Those of us here who have been around awhile have learned this and we have ZERO problems with our machines. Yet we are constantly seeing new people (usually with no experience with mp3 players) posting about freezing, lagging, slowness, skipping and various other issues.

Get MP3Tag (it’s free) and make sure the tags are clean and in the correct format. There are many, many threads and posts on this subject. Black-Rectangle is absolutely the best at giving advice on this. I suggest you search out some of his posts and excellent guidance and spend some quality time with your files. If you have a lot then yes, it’s going to take a while to check them all and get them all in shape, but once you do, it’s done. And usually then, so are your problems. As you acquire new music and get in the habit of checking the tags before adding them to the player, it only takes a few seconds and isn’t really a chore at all. Look at it as “preventative maintenance”. :wink:

Thank you Miikerman and Tapeworm for your reply, and extra thanks to Tapeworm for the detailed response.

When I first got my Clip Zip and had some problems I came here and checked out some posts and learned alot by just browsing the forum.  I downloaded mp3tag and have been making sure to check the tags on any new music I put on it as well as fixing any tagging problems I was having with the files I already put on where it was obviously apparent something was wrong (such as track listing).  Unfortunately I found out about mp3tag after I transferred most of my music to the micro sd card and player.  I guess it would be time well spent to go through it all and make sure everything is in order.

I’ll also check out Black-Rectangles posts as you have suggested.

Hopefully I have better luck with my new Clip Zip.

Thanks again guys.