Fuze+ Video Requirements

Also,

@primetechv2 wrote:

After reading the specs for video conversion, I decided to give things a test run. I fired up HandBrake and put in the specs, as close as I could… couldn’t get 192kbps audio so I settled for 168, and used 29.97 fps instead of 30 (close?)

The video was output as a .m4v file. Does the file extention matter, or just the way it’s encapsulated? I copied it to my Fuze+ and it… didn’t work.

When I attempted to copy it the first time around, Windows 7 (compliments of K-Lite) detected the “wrong” type of file, and offered to convert it to the proper type instead. I said yes the second time around, and it made a file that was playable… somewhat. It took about 10 more minutes to convert the file into a proper MP4, with an inferior size of 176x96, 271kbps total, and a framerate of 29FPS.

But what irks me is that while the video works if you press Play, that’s it. You can’t fast-forward, pause, resume… anything, without screwing up the video.

So I’m off to try SMC right now, see what I did wrong. Should I be using something besides Handbrake maybe?

Based on the information that you’ve provided, I’m going to take a guess and say that your video “should” work. Since it didn’t, I have to wonder what caused your problem.

Did you try renaming the file as an *.mp4 file? If not, I’m guessing your Fuze+ will not recognize the file as a video file.

If your problem was that your computer was telling you that the file will not work, maybe you  should just ignour the error, and copy the video, anyway.

If that doesn’t solve your problem, maybe you should download the Media Info Gui (just click your os, and download the GUI, NOT the CLi or Dll unless you know what you are doing), and set the output format as HTML. Then, open your video file, and make sure it says the following: A.) a profile of “Baseline@Level 2”, and B.) no more than one seven reference frames.