Fuze + Problems Restoring to Factory Settings

Hi,

after formating the device the info where wich file is located is wiped. At that point chances were good if you tried then to recover the files.

But you installed a new firmware. Maybe this wiped some files forever. But you can still try to recover some files, i would choose a program called testdisk.

But you should know what you are doing. There is a chance that this damages your device. Data recovery is not a simple task.

I’m sorry for you. :cry:

hth

Hi Dirk02,

Thanks so much for the reply, Im not trying to restore the personal media files that my girlfriend put on the Fuze (I had those backed up anyway) Im trying to restore the default music, podcast, movie and photos which are on the Fuze when you buy it from the shop, basically I just want to restore the Fuze to it’s original factory state, any ideas? Thanks a million.

@Mozarella:

AFAIK your can not recover lost files.

Instead ask someone to share the music,video & photos that are pre-installed by Sandisk.

One may upload it to any file sharing website.

Regards,

Rohit

Hi rohit3192,

Thanks for the reply, I don’t mean to be cheeky as I accept my stupidity got me into this mess but I was just reading another thread here relating to another chap who had a very similar issue (see link below), and the user Tapeworm replied;

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Original-Software/td-p/213255

“The firmware files are not shown in My Computer (Windows Explorer) even if you have ‘hidden files’ set to show. They (the firmware & operating files) are hidden even deeper in a separate partition to where you cannot get to them and do what you suggest your girlfriend did.”

so if these original default files are stored on a seperate partition is there no way I can simply do a ‘system restore’ so to speak to revert the Fuze back to it’s original factory state? I find it a bit strange that this is not do-able. Thanks again.

You can try re-formatting again from the Fuze+'s Settings menu. Also, formatting will sometimes change the USB connection settings. Try switching this (on the player) and see if those folders return.

Hi Tapeworm, thanks for the feedback, I’ll try that when I get home and let you know how I get on. Cheers.

@Mozarella:

Let’s clarify your situation.

When you format a media player the media files(like .mp3,.jpeg,mp4) gets deleted from player.

Whereas the “folders” like Music,Video,etc are restored by player on its own after reboot.

As normally we do not have access to protected firmware files we can not truly erase with windows format utility(I do not know if any program exists that can do so as flash erase is disabled for these kind of players).

So,it is likely that your player is working as expected and you have just lost the demo video and audio files that were preinstalled.

So,ask anybody to upload these files then put mp3 files in Music folder and .mp4 files in Video folder and there you have your player as it was out of the box.

also you can check with users at Anythingbutipod to do this favor to you.

No need to look for restore programs just ask if anybody can upload these files for you.

Due to some reason I can’t upload otherwise would have done for you.

Regards,

R

@mozzarella wrote:

Hi Dirk02,

Thanks so much for the reply, Im not trying to restore the personal media files that my girlfriend put on the Fuze (I had those backed up anyway) Im trying to restore the default music, podcast, movie and photos which are on the Fuze when you buy it from the shop , basically I just want to restore the Fuze to it’s original factory state, any ideas? Thanks a million.

My bad . . . I didn’t read carefully enough. I didn’t know this was what you were trying to restore; I thought you weren’t seeing the default folder structure. You’re looking to get back the sample audio, video, and photo files that come on the player when new.

The only way to get these back is by using rohit’s suggestion and try to get someone to upload them to a file-sharing site for you to download. That’s if you really think they are worth the time and trouble. :wink:

Hi guys,

thanks for all the help on this, I’ve convinced the girlfriend that those original sample files are not worth the hassle, the original issue of the unit rebooting itself seems to have been resolved by the formating and firmware upgrade so she’s happy enough now. Thanks again guys :smiley:

got a new sansa fuze+ if you or anybody needs original files I can upload.

Cheers

:wink:

My sandisk fuze was in baggage at the airport. Now the unit screem is white only, no sound.

@alm486 wrote:

My sandisk fuze was in baggage at the airport. Now the unit screem is white only, no sound.

Try resetting it. While it’s on with the white screen, press and _ hold _ the power button down for 30 seconds. Release, and then see if it will start up normally.

I have the default unmodified files still…

I’m uploading them if anyone wants them ?

they are 140mb packed with WinRar @ max compression + solid archive

This includes all the default Music, Photos, Podcasts and Videos.

http://www.multiupload.nl/RJG0IZFZIJ

@xpmule wrote:

I’m uploading them if anyone wants them ?

@they are 140mb packed with WinRar @ max compression + solid archive

This includes all the default Music, Photos, Podcasts and Videos.

Careful, I’m not sure it’s legal for you to do this due to copyright laws. SanDisk has paid the licensing fees for these items in order to include them on their players when sold. You haven’t, and offering them up for free could be construed as stealing and therefore illegal just like all the file-storage & sharing sites that were recently shut down and the owner of a major, well-known one jailed. :cry:

you think anyone from sansa pays attention around here ?

and yeah i know i’m an old pirate :slight_smile:

if its a problem im sure they can edit my post and or / let me know

I would like a copy of those files so I can return my fuse+ to factory setting. At this time won’t boot. I get loading firmware and then file not found

@reggie_yeti wrote:

I would like a copy of those files so I can return my fuse+ to factory setting. At this time won’t boot. I get loading firmware and then file not found

Have you been using Rockbox?

Hi

I have a Sansa Fuze + 4GB.
After a while using RockBox, Fuze it started to emit a parasite noise.
Trying to solve this problem, I formatted the unit, but now recognizes only 893Mb.
How do I can solve this?

I’dont have the original Sandisk installation to test with the factory firmware.

I will like to have it.
Does anyone have a copy?
How can I can get it?ç

Thanks 

Try formatting the player. Note, this will erase all user-added content so make sure you have all you music, videos, books, whatever backed up someplace first for re-transfer after.

You can also manually re-apply the firmware found here on the forum.

The curious is it has been formated but on time it’s formated remain with no more than 900Mb.

do you use some specific procedure or tool?