Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

After a year and  some change i tried out my :smiley:memory slot, and its starting to work again. first thing i remember was this thread. i had to see if it was still up and if i could still see my request of my problem, which was cool to see. Anyways i have been enjoy my fuze, once i got use to the touch tone feature i haven’t look back. i havent had  no problem with it other than the memory card slot which has apparently start working again. also i learn you can buff out scratches with a toothbrush and toothpaste, how cool is that, only if i knew that a year ago i could have had no scratches on my mp3; but some of the old ones won’t come out since they are ingrain now. but wow i’m long winned, just had to express my happiness that i can expand my memory again.

>  Get the newest firmware. It has this feature.

Where? Can you give us a link, please?

I spent an hour trying to find the newest firmware, but the highest number I could find was “02.38.06”, which looks older than my 02.38.06A.

@sebastianhelm wrote:

>  Get the newest firmware. It has this feature.

Where? Can you give us a link, please?

I spent an hour trying to find the newest firmware, but the highest number I could find was “02.38.06”, which looks older than my 02.38.06A.

Answered in your other post:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Where-is-the-latest-firmware/m-p/293659/highlight/true#M5462

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, and sorry that this ended up being a cross post; I had forgotten that I had already asked this question elsewhere.

THat didn’t out.  New Fuze + earphones keep falling out.  2 pairs,  Can the hole just be too big?

This will sound very negative but I find the device extremely difficult to navigate.  I’ve had it for a couple of weeks and still don’t know what’s next.

@deucesup22 wrote:

THat didn’t out.  New Fuze + earphones keep falling out.  2 pairs,  Can the hole just be too big?

If anything, the jacks on new Sansa players are extremely tight. Chances are you don’t have the headphone plug in all the way.

it Just takes practice and a steady finger. I’ve had mine for a couple of years.

I want a Sansa with a touch screen though (like the current iPods).

And better screen visibility in outside sunlight.

Please, please, please either fix the useless touch pad or bring back actual buttons and scroll-wheel that work.  And ensure all the buttons have some tactile feed-back. 

And for Khryste sake, make these things at least a little water resistant.  Advertising them being used in outdoor, athletic activities when the merest hint of water vapor gives them coniptions is, at best, a lie.  Or produce an actual water-resistant case.

Seriously going to go out and replace my fuze+ with a Sony or something that friggen works.  I want my e200 back.

Sandisk relaced the player, so I have a new one.  I’m tempted to resell it while it’s new cause I still have 2 e280’s.  The touch pad is irritating and I’m semi-convinced that I( should keep my options open.

@deucesup22 wrote:

Sandisk relaced the player, so I have a new one.  I’m tempted to resell it while it’s new cause I still have 2 e280’s.  The touch pad is irritating and I’m semi-convinced that I( should keep my options open.

If you can find someone willing to buy it, then do it. If you end up stuck with it, Rockbox it.

You have a very impressive collection.  Can’t have too many MP3 players.

I just purchased a factory reconditioned Sansa Fuze+ 4GB and added a new 32GB Sandisk Micro SDHC card to it. My operating system is Win XP with update 3. I will not use Windows Media Player - too intrusive. My music is mp3 with each CD in its own folder. The USB mode is set to MSC. I can move music files from my music archive to the Sansa fine - drag and drop or copy and paste.

What I really need to make this player useful are playlists that allow me to keep my mp3’s organized as folder per CD but allow me to put whatever music file I want into a playlist wherever it resides on the sansa.

I have several other Sansa’s, but their memory is so small (512MB and 1GB) that not having a playlist is not an issue.

I really don’t need all of the music organizing that you do - album/artist/genre etc. I prefer to do my own organizing.

The capacitive touch is crappy. I don’t know where the button is and the is not feedback that I have pressed it.  The screen is OK. I converted some movies to sansa format using free software and they work ok.

@davbbley wrote:

_ I really don’t need all of the music organizing that you do - album/artist/genre etc _. I prefer to do my own organizing.

You may not, but it (the player) does.

I guess that you really don’t need my feedback.

@davbbley wrote:

I guess that you really don’t need my feedback.

Sorry, I didn’t realize what thread you were posting in and that you were making a suggestion. I bounce around so much here, the thread titles get blurred and I sometimes only concentrate on the post contents. Reading how you just bought this player, I assumed you were asking for advice on how it worked, or how to do what you wanted. My mistake in mis-understanding and I apologize.

Of course everyone’s input and feedback are welcome here, Having said that though, please realize the Fuze+ is 3 years old now and has not had any firmware updates in over 2 years, so it’s doubtful SanDisk is still monitoring this thread for any bugs or potential features. Also, it seems unlikely SanDisk is going to continue with any new mp3 player models in the future as the dedicated player “fad” seems to have run its course and the majority of people are now combining their music onto their smartphones.

Still, welcome to the forum and again, please accept my apology in not recognizing your intent in your original post. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions or problem with your new ‘toy’. :smiley:

I added a reply to an existing thread but wanted to add to this one too.  What are the chances of getting video playback to work the same was as music files?  I’d like to see shuffle, skipping to next/prev video while playing, and constant playing of video files without having to launch each individually.  I have several music videos and this could be SUCH a great music video player if they could make this simple changes.

Thanks!

HAH!  What are the odds that there will be a new Fuze?

I just want intelligent tag sorting.

I have audiobooks that have the title of the book in the album ID3 field, the author in the artist field, the chapter number in the track field, and the title of each chapter in the title field. This seems eminently reasonable and predictable to me. But the Sansa doesn’t get it by default and will not allow me to explain it.

I laughed when I saw that somebody had trademarked the phrase “your media, your way.” Ha! I have to use WMP to make a playlist, and only for music. Audiobooks don’t work if you put them in the audiobook folder, but only in the podcase folder. But they still won’t allow decent playlists or sorting. So I put them in the music folder. Now they’re at least in order, but don’t support playlists from what I can tell.

For a company that’s been doing this for sooooo long, I’d think you’d have ease-of-use figured out and easily implemented with little effort on every new device.

If anyone is listening, thanks for listening…

I really don’t have time to sort through 34 pages of complaints about the lock/unlock function to see if anyone has addressed a couple of real issues with the Fuze+: computer interface (Windows or other) and on-device deletions.

Recently encountered issues with MP3 tags left me with a bunch of random music entries based on “artist” names not associated with the album artist(s). I corrected that with MP3Tag software on my computer, but to incorporate that onto the Fuze+, I have to completely wipe the Music folder (as it appears in Windows) and reload, hoping I haven’t missed a tag. When I discover the OMG!!! Unknown Artist/Unknown Album/“artist I’ve never heard of”, I have to go through the entire process again. Or… delete each song individually using the touchpad. After the first 10 or so, I want to through the damned device in the trash!

Please allow entire “folders” to be deleted from the touchpad or…

Fix the computer interface so those Unknown folders can be seen/editted/deleted from the keyboard. And while you’re there, the same issues apply to errant Playlists. The Playlist folder shows NONE of the playlists on my computer, just the “canned” list that comes with the Fuze+.