Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

Did you get it at the official MP3Tag website?

It does not dowload or install any other software/spyware/programs, etc. nor change your browser’s home page settings.

I’ve had my Fuze+ for 2 weeks, after my ipod classic’s battery wouldn’t charge.  I MISS MY IPOD!!!

When a SD memory card is in, the Fuze takes a long time to power up.

The touch interface is frustrating, and I’ve just about given up on listening to audio books, due to the over-sensitive touch interface sometimes skips to the next file when restarting.

I’ve been considering selling the Fuze+ and including the 8gb SD card that I had before I bought the Fuze+, hoping to get what I paid for it in resale.

@tapeworm wrote:

Did you get it at the official MP3Tag website?

It does not dowload or install any other software/spyware/programs, etc. nor change your browser’s home page settings.

I tried it again from the site you suggested.  I used Apple Safari to download the software.  This time I was asked if I wanted to have my browser home page changed. I answered no, but it changed it to Bing in Internet Explorer anyway.   Someone has to pay for this free software.  I am not a fan of bing.

Moving beyond the download–the splash page for starting this software say you can add a file or add an entire folder by clicking on the add folder,  I was not able to add folders.  What I was able to do from the add file option was make a new folder.  It seems the person who made the starting page was not the one that wrote the software.  Adding one file at a time is not worth the ability to put this a few very large books and magazines in the correct folder in my Fuse+ so I can play them fast,

I am glad you found something that works for you.  Maybe this works in Window 7.  I am running Vista 64-bit.

Sorry mate, but when I use the fantastically useful MP3Tag software, it WORKS, it doesn’t install spyware, extra programs whatever, it doesn’t change my homepage on any browser, and there is no splash screen to create folders. You just have to add a directory to your music, edit the tags, save and then close the program. I’m sorry, but it’s really not that hard. 

Dear Slimmyshady  and Tapeworm,

Thanks for your patience.  I have found the site that I think the two of you were using.  This time, it did not change my home page.  I was setting up a test and looked in my second play for reference before making my first conversion.  But low and behold every thing I had ever asked for in a sorting way was already done.    Let me explain.

I had the New Testament in the music section of my second Fuse+.  I moved it to the Podcast section.  I played it.  It started with Matthew chapter one.  It shows the file name–not the title.  I was amazed.

I had move this file to my player using Windows Media Player.  I had found that more album art, not all, is displayed better when books are transferred via Windows Media Player and then moved to the Podcast section to a file I created and named audio books.  They still show Podcasts but just organized to my liking when viewed via Explore.  

I know I tried moving a magazine into this same player using Windows Explore.  The files were sorted by title.   I moved the same magazines  in the player and it played OK as music. I think when you move it in the player, the player does the sorting and formatting. To confirm what I thought, I copied The New Testament to my #1 player via Explore and played it.  The first book is 1 Corinthians 1,  The second is 1 Corinthians 10.  The third was  1 Cor 11.

I moved some of my files to the Audiobook section that was created in the firmware upgrade.  In the past, books in this file were all scrambles (sorted alphabetically with no book integrity.) .  Now they stay together in a reasonable  order.  What is not good is that all of the files are in one folder.  This is not as dumb as I thought, but I think I will stick with books in the Podcast section.

The short answer to our problem is to add files via Window Media Player and Move them to the Podcast section.  No need for MP3tag v2.48.  This should have been in the manual. 

Again thanks for patience.  I would not know what I do today without your patience and persistence.

@tapeworm wrote:

@pdumas7 wrote:

How long do you think it would take to do this for the Old Testament?  There are only 929 files. 

With MP3Tag, maybe 15 minutes.

Actually, if they are alphabetically in the right order, more like 30 seconds. Sort on path (if they are in different directories, like cd1 cd2 etc) and then click the little toolbar button that has 1 2 on it. It automatically numbers them all. Next you can derive titles from the filenames, add author and title to all at once by selecting them all, and then paste them all in one directory. The cd1 etc is only relevant if you ever want to burn it to cd again, and why would you? If you do, just keep the dir structure.

Hello

I just bought the fuse +

> I have 3 comments and requests to otherwise improve the préséléection FM stations.

1 - you can not choose the place of the station from the list. The station is always added after the last setting memory. The choice of number

2 - can not delete unused inputs screening (if I have 10 presets, it displays the 40 possible with 30 obviously empty, but selectable …)

3 - If you choose a station from the shortlist, you must validate to listen to each time is quite annoying when you want to ‘zap’ … (on your tv, if you select a channel, it is visible immediately, no need to press a button ‘ok’. to see …).

These three improvements would make the perfect radio part about this product …

Thanks

Regards

Hello
I just bought the fuse +  > I have 3 comments and requests to otherwise improve the préséléection FM stations.1 - you can not choose the place of the station from the list. The station is always added after the last setting memory. The choice of number
2 - can not delete unused inputs screening (if I have 10 presets, it displays the 40 possible with 30 obviously empty, but selectable …)
3 - If you choose a station from the shortlist, you must validate to listen to each time is quite annoying when you want to ‘zap’ … (on your tv, if you select a channel, it is visible immediately, no need to press a button ‘ok’. to see …).
Thanks
Regards

Hello

I just bought the fuse +

I have 3 comments and requests to otherwise improve the préséléection FM stations.

1 - you can not choose the place of the station from the list. The station is always added after the last setting memory. The choice of number

Thanks

Regards

Hello

I just bought the fuse +

I have 3 comments and requests to otherwise improve the préséléection FM stations.

Thanks

Regards

Fix video fast-forward and rewind freezes, when playing Sandisk V-Mate videos on the card, using “Sansa View” recording format (i.e., “Best, mp4 (ISO), 320x240, 30fps”) on the V-Mate.  I use that setting because I had understood, possibly incorrectly, that the Fuze+ firmware was developed using Sansa View firmware as its base.

It’s a terrific feature that you can just take a card from the Sandisk V-Mate recorder and plug it into the Fuze+ and play video directly from the card.  However, rewind for a few minutes worth of content and the player freezes.  It takes more fast-forwarding to get a freeze, but it is the same effect, maybe taking a fast-forward of 30 minutes.  (I haven’t fully tested for the threshold of how much content rewinding and fast-forwarding causes a freeze, nor have I fully tested other combinations of V-Mate recording formats to find one that works without freezes.)

Here’s what MediaInfo (mediainfo.sourceforge.net) reports for a file recorded using the “Sansa View” recording format.

Format                           : MPEG-4
Format profile                   : Base Media
Codec ID                         : isom
File size                        : 228 MiB
Duration                         : 59mn 2s
Overall bit rate                 : 539 Kbps

Video
ID                               : 2
Format                           : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile                   : Simple@L3
Format settings, BVOP            : No
Format settings, QPel            : No
Format settings, GMC             : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix          : Default (H.263)
Codec ID                         : 20
Duration                         : 59mn 1s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 465 Kbps
Nominal bit rate                 : 4 000 Kbps
Width                            : 320 pixels
Height                           : 240 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 4:3
Frame rate mode                  : Variable
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Minimum frame rate               : 13.333 fps
Maximum frame rate               : 43.478 fps
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive
Compression mode                 : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.202
Stream size                      : 196 MiB (86%)

Audio
ID                               : 1
Format                           : AAC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                   : LC
Codec ID                         : 40
Duration                         : 59mn 2s
Bit rate mode                    : Constant
Bit rate                         : 64.0 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L R
Sampling rate                    : 32.0 KHz
Compression mode                 : Lossy
Stream size                      : 27.6 MiB (12%)

Here’s a feature request for the information displayed for the current file playing:

For those of us who acquire large amounts of live amateur recordings from other people, there is no expectation that FLAC files will be tagged OR named in any appropriate way.  What we usually get is a set of untagged FLACs named something like Track01.flac, Track02.flac,… or worse.

If the interface were configurable to allow the user to choose to display a FOLDER NAME in addition to or instead of “Unknown Artist” or “Unknown Name,” it would bring down the amount of work required to know at least approximately what’s playing to a manageable level.

PLEASE, DO NOT suggest the undertaking of tagging all files.  There are more than a few of us out here who have literally hundreds of thousands of individual songs across tens of thousands of “gigs”/concerts/filesets, etc., and who just wish to plop them onto a player, *maybe* create a simple all-inclusive playlist, play through them once, and delete them to move onto the next SD-card’s worth.  Tagging would be more effort than is really justified, and also can create problems if one intends to re-share the fileset online in some forms.

Thanks!

So in short, what you’re asking for is Folder Navigation, right?

Hi,

Please could we also have the file information like we had on the first Fuze. I would like the file name, file type plus the extended tag data.

Thanks.

Mike.

I’m sure this has come up before, but I wanted to add my voice.

Please add folder playing on the fuze+ like you did with the fuze. I can’t understand why you haven’t done so already when you’ve obviously realized there was a need for this feature with the fuze!!!

Yoav

@yoav wrote:

I’m sure this has come up before , but I wanted to add my voice.

Please add folder playing on the fuze+ like you did with the fuze.

Like maybe just 3 posts above yours? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love it if there was a linux compatible version of the sansa updater, or at least on that worked with wine.  Also if you could add whole artists/albums to the Go Playlist.

@pdumas7 wrote:

Dear Slimmyshady  and Tapeworm,

The short answer to our problem is to add files via Window Media Player and Move them to the Podcast section.  No need for MP3tag v2.48.  This should have been in the manual. 

please keep in mind that there are many people out there who dont have  a windows system. I myself bought this device because you dont have to have Windows and can fill the player in msc-Mode with linux. Your suggetions are a workaround for some people but but i wouldnt call this a real fix. Mac and linux-users dont have WMP.

these are my feature requests:

general:

• faster bootup with micro-sd-card inserted, 8 gb in my case. Waiting 60 to 90 seconds is way too long
  • support of ID3 v2.4 tags would by nice

audiobookfeatures like the Clip+ has:

•   sorting by id3-tracknumber
  •   remember the file of a set wich was last played, eg when one would go to a audiobook, hightlight  file no 28 (last played), ask whether to resume or start at beginning of this file. See the clip+ for reference

I’m no native speaker, my apologies. I hope i made myself clear.

I have this player for a week now and I love it but there is some things that cud be better:

Disable touch pad when the player is locked because if it is in my jeans pocket he is sensitive to my leg and always with screen turned on displaying the instructions how to unlock it. It is very bad for the battery life.

Lots of the time there is no way to enter now playing list. So it would be nice if by pressing up or down in now playing menu you would enter that list.

up to down and down to up scrolling would be nice.

when you want to play specific song player sometimes asks if you want to continue playing. It would be nice if default answer would be no.

at the music menu it could be an option to go directly to now playing artist or album.

the songs that are added to last played list at the menu cud be added only after some time of playing.

the most played and new added music play lists would be awesome.

the option to change playing song when the player is locked with sound control buttons by holding them. (this cud be optional in settings)

for recently added you could just add that playlist from WMP to sync to the player.