Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

Wow…the new Fuze+ sounds really good. I just got a 4GB one, inserted my 16GB card filled with FLAC files and gave it a go. The sound is superb, to be blunt. And I’m comparing the sound to DAPs like a Cowon D2, Apple iPod Nano 3G (the one with a Wolfson chip), Sony NWZ-A818 and others.

Not bad Sand’y! :slight_smile:

I think there should be an option to set the sensitivity of the fuze plus’s touchpad. It could have low, normal, or high sensitivity options. I know my old Zen vision m used to have this option for its touchpad and it was great. It would be good for the fuze+ as some people think its too sensitive. :smiley:

I purchased 4 Fuse+ for Christmas.  These replaced 3 older Fuse units.  One was for me, the others for daughters.  My daughters have not ever complained about the way these units handle music and the radio.  They are very happy.

I used to lesson to music more often.  It took no effort to lesson to music and return to the two or three book I was reading.  I say books, some were scriptures daily, 3 monthly church magazine on MP3, weekly Sunday school lesson,  one very long detail book (10 hour+) and short stories.  

Now that it is so difficult to stop a long book and find your place back to the same spot, I never lesson to music on my Fuse+.  I use two cd/mp3 player to for scriptures and weekly lessons.  I never lesson to music anymore at any time.  The old player was my everything player.  The new Fuse+ is now just for long books.   I know I would lesson to music if I could start and stop book more easily.  This lack in this feature has had far more effect on my uses of my player than how the power button functions.  I have dropped music and the monthly magazines completely. 

I have been looking for an mp3 player for another daughter.  Primarily a music player, but also something that will play books.  It would be nice if it was cheep.   I have spent some time looking for a player that has audio books in the description.  I want her to have this flexibility.  I am looking for some of the flexibility I stumbled into with the old fuse for her… and for me.

a feature i liked in the original fuze was the back to menu or back to list funtion. but in the + when i hit back after turning it back on after being off it goes to the menu. how about a feature with the middle touch button where i can go back to list not just going to the menu with the back button.

when in a artists in the song list tap the back button to go back to the list of artists. Is that what you mean?

Please provide option to customize Music sub-menu and add folder option.

If there is choice that one can choose first music sub-menu to be like playlist and next folder browsing then album,artist,etc

The choice would enable the user to customize as per personal convenience.

Please fix the .m3u playlist feature so that it works with subdirectories.  I use Linux and I want to be able to copy my .m3u play lists onto the device.

The only way I have gotten it to work is by placing the .mp3 file and the .m3u file in the root directory. Anytime I try to use sub directories it fails to find the files.  placing all my .mp3 files in a single directory is not a practical solution.

Thanks

-Mark

Please provide file browsing/folder navigation.

Hello, I love my Sansa Fuze+ Player very much. But many times when I add .m4a files to my player it lists them incorrectly.

It will show them in the videos section. It will say the name of the file. But the tiime is 0:00 and when i try to play it it says unsupported format. TRhe If I remove then add the song again it works till i reset, via either the computer or the player, it does it again.

Please, please, please give us the ability to browse and play by folders. That way you can organize your music however you want without having to go in and actually re-tag your songs. Ideally, you should be able to play the content of any folder and all its subfolders. Thus, you could play everything contained within your Mellow Music folder, or decide to get more specific, open your jazz subfolder and play only it (and any subfolders *it* has). If you wanted to be truly amazing, you could allow shortcuts to other folders / songs to effectively draw them into multiple places. Thus, a Conan the Barbarian subfolder could go in your Soundtrack folder, and you could put a shortcut to it in your Action Music folder (so that anytime you played action music, Conan would get included too). I often run into songs that I feel belong in multiple places, and this would be one way of addressing the problem.

With past mp3 players, I have frequently had problems with songs having vastly different volumes (I’ve not run into this yet with my Fuze+ because I just got it, but unless it has some awesomeness that I don’t know about, it’ll have the problem too). I’ve always thought that being able to tag a song as being quiet or loud would be very helpful. The Fuze+ would then adjust the volume at which it played the song by maybe 30% in the appropriate direction. That way I wouldn’t strain to hear one song and get my eardrums blown out by another. You could put the quiet/loud/normal toggle in the music option menu you get when you click on a song (maybe put it right above Delete Song?).

@nameyname wrote:

With past mp3 players, I have frequently had problems with songs having vastly different volumes (I’ve not run into this yet with my Fuze+ because I just got it, but unless it has some awesomeness that I don’t know about, it’ll have the problem too). I’ve always thought that being able to tag a song as being quiet or loud would be very helpful. The Fuze+ would then adjust the volume at which it played the song by maybe 30% in the appropriate direction. That way I wouldn’t strain to hear one song and get my eardrums blown out by another. You could put the quiet/loud/normal toggle in the music option menu you get when you click on a song (maybe put it right above Delete Song?).

You can level out the volume with either ReplayGain or MP3Gain.

>You can level out the volume with either ReplayGain or MP3Gain.

Sweet. Thanks for the tip. I’ll have to look into it.

You want to look into replay gain. foobar2000 can take care of it for you

foobar2000 can also do replaygain

Be aware of raplay gain encoding with foobar2K which is UTF-16 but Fuze+ can read only ISO-8859-1 (aka Latin1) AFAIK, see http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Replay-gain-and-mp3/td-p/227112 http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=87794

@pdumas7 wrote:

Please sort Audiobook files by File name and not title, or make it an option under setup.  Being able to sort by file # would sometimes come in handy but many books do not have this info.   I would still display the file title or also make it optional to display Name or title.

This issue was raised in another request.

I’ve just ran into this problem, and I can’t use this **bleep** device for listening to my audiobook because it doesn’t sort files by their names. As someone has suggested, a current workaround is to put audiobook files into the music folder as the files are sorted by their file names there. This area must have been developed by smarter programmers.

When will this feature be implemented?

all you need to do is edit the id3 tag of the files. for artist put the auther or name of the book, for track name put chapter 01 chapter 02 etc, and in the track feild put 01, 02 etc. it will then sort it correctly. if no id3 tag metadata is present it will sort by file name. 

How long do you think it would take to do this for the Old Testament?  There are only 929 files. 

@pdumas7 wrote:

How long do you think it would take to do this for the Old Testament?  There are only 929 files. 

With MP3Tag, maybe 15 minutes.

How about making it possible to have playlists!