Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

Bought the fuze+ yesterday, updated to the last firmware and am very happy with the device now.

The only thing which i regret, is the fact that it is not possible to omit the pattern from the background! I made a nice background for my fuze+, but it gets ruined by the colors from the patterns!

Please focus on solving the issues with sluggish UI. That is what is making me hate this mp3 player. Also please make looping menue. Also when I switch back to the last playist rapidly on this player it will switch back to the top of the music player which is very annoying. When I press the back button I want it to just go back to my playlist I was on, regardless. This saves alot of time so I don’t have to access my playlist again which takes forever due to the long pauses in the music menu. Was also wondering will there be a line out available on this player to use with an amplifier, that would be a great plus.

Head phone out+aux cable should do fine with an AMP. My borther uses mine with his guitar AMP from time to time.

Hi,

I’m using Fuze+ about 2 weeks now. Here are my suggestions to features:

• Looping menus (as was said already)
  • Right tag handling in FLAC files (album, artist, album image, …)
  • Folder view in “music” section (to be able play whole folder)
  • Playlist delete option (or some playlist management function would be great :))
  • Add whole album to playlist
  • Auto locking after some  time when player is idle (the time could be set by “setting” options)
  • Get information about track that is playing, i.e. filename, file type (mp3, flac, …), bitrate, …
  • Audiobook’s content is now shown as flat list of audio files (mp3), it would be great if the audiobook could be shown like the albums are shown in “music” section.
  • Add “jump to …” option when playing the audiobook which will jump to time set by user.
  • Support for “line out” throught some “settings” option (headphone out would be treated as line out, thought don’t know if it is possible)
  • When playing track, fast forward is activated slowly, it should “fast forward” a little bit faster

Anyway Fuze+ is my best player so far. I like the pace at which new firmware are made :slight_smile: Keep it up!

Thanks

It would be a great enhancement if Fuze+ would read and handle the TPOS tag from id3v2.3 specs. (http://www.id3.org/id3v2.3.0))

TPOS    [#TPOS Part of a set]

This tag is very important for albums and compilation spanning over more then one CD. Every proper tagging program uses it. Original Apple firmware and Rockbox port support it.

Currently Fuze+ ignores it, so the sorting is borked if all CDs have same name without extensions like CD1 in album name (which isn’t a clean way to handle this).

That is true but it is always better to bypass the amp on the mp3 player and use the amp of the connected amplifier, this will bring better sound quality without having the amps confict plus use a lot less energy to drive the source you are feeding. This is true on my original fuze which I use the line out dock feature to connect to my amp. If I used the headphone out I would have to put the fuze volume on 90 percent and turn the amp up to 50. With the line out their is 0 volume used on the fuze and I turn the amp to 30 instead and it sounds better. (Fiio E7 hooked to sansa fuze via lod to car stereo)

Why don’t we just listen to good old music rather than whining?

DJ Bl3nd

did you mean to say something?

@mnemonic10112 wrote:

Why don’t we just listen to good old music rather than whining?

<spam removed>

Why don’t you quit spamming our fourm? :angry:

@alienkid10 wrote:

did you mean to say something?

No, he just meant to spam us!

oh becuase that one guy who started two blank threads did but IE9 ■■■■■ and somehow didn’t put his text in.

Is it possible for Fuze+ to have sleep mode(like Cowon J3 which has sleep as well shut down mode also Sony players do not shut down completely)?

I am asking this because that will help fast boot up.I know about tags and its relation with bootup time.

Also I feel that this product has suffered too much due to bad word of mouth publicity.

Much of review is written with earlier firmware version.

Please add support for MusicBrainz tags. I’d really love if this device supported RhythmBox on Ubuntu out of the box.

Thank you for moving the lock feature from “play/resume” to the on/off button. Now I don’t lose what I’m listening to, just by putting the player in my pocket.

I would really appreciate a bookmark feature in your next Fuze+ firmware upgrade. I use my Fuze+ mainly for listening to books, with some music listening here and there. I’m so tired of losing my place in my book, and, if I haven’t remembered to jot down the running time, starting and stopping fast forward to get to where I left off. Once in a while, I’ll get the “Resume Playback?” message, but it never resumes playing where I left off.

I agree that folder navigation would be great.  I just got my fuze+ yesterday and since all my music is by folder I am having to mass change the genres to workaround this.  I really don’t want to spend a lot of time creating playlists.

Dave

how about being able to move around in the zoom feature on the pictures

@rohit3192 wrote:

Also I feel that this product has suffered too much due to bad word of mouth publicity.

Much of review is written with earlier firmware version.

I agree that they have made some good improvements on the firmware.

The unit would not have been so universally panned if the original Fuze had not been such a solid machine, especially at it’s end of life.

Almost all of the “enhancements” that people are asking for the Fuze+ were enhancements that were already incorporated on the original fuze.

Had sandisk incorporated the latest fuze enhancements in the new product out of the box, then I think the word of mouth would have been kinder.

Also, sandisk did itself a disservice by calling it a Fuze+.  This lead satisfied Fuze customers looking to “upgrade” their venerable fuze to be sorely dissapointed.

The Clip+ was clearly an upgrade and the addition of an SD card slot added a level of expandability not currently available on the Clip.  Most importantly, the Clip+ didn’t LOSE any functionality.  The Fuze+ lost a load of functionality.

This is what lead to the slashing the player has received.  Had they called it something else, the expectations would not be there.

Sandisk chose to bank on the name of their most successful player to date and delivered something that wasn’t even close. 

The Fuze+ is a fine player and has some cool features, but it’s not a fuze.  Just like Apple’s new Nano.  It’s an apple, but it’s not a Nano. 

Companies should learn that if you produce a product with an existing “brand” following, there is a level of expectation that users of the previous model should expect.

If you depart too far from it, you get complaints.  Ford learned that with the Mustang. 

It seems as I am overly harsh.  On it’s own, the Fuze+ has lots of potential.  It is absolutely the BEST Rhapsody player I have owned.  The transfer speed is amazing and I am able to fully populate it with different channels.  However, there are issues with it’s database and UI that make it almost unusable when an SD card is installed.

Also,  non lit touch controls are very difficult to use in a dark room or dark car.  Had the plus been a true “touch screen” then that would be different.  However to provide non-backlit touch controls is just puzzling.  It’s weird.  The Fuze had a glowing blue LED ring that I have yet to know the true purpose of.  I always turned it off.  Now we have a fuze that could really use illumination and get none…  Funny.

I don’t “regret” my Fuze+ purchase.  I use it at work all the time because I can just load up different genre channels and have music at my desk all day.

But for day to day use at home or in my car, I just prefer the original hardware. 

@P Opus:

There is no player which is ideal.

Sansa Fuze: Proprietory port

Clip+: Bad radio plus less battery and bi color display.

Ipods: itunes or its substitutes are nagging.

Samsung R0: poor firmware,no library integration

So, Fuze+ is no exception and it appleals to those who like it with what it is.

For me Fuze+ is budget player with good sound quality and FM radio and I have learned to adapt to touch control.

The really sad thing on part of Sandisk is that they did not ask people what they want before giving green light to R&D department and production.

I am sure Sandisk will go back to tactile controls and that will be Fuze+ V2.

Till then love this player and still Fuze is available so grab some units.

Absolutely,

That’s why I kept the Fuze+  I love the Rhapsody integration of the unit.  It’s lightning fast.  It’s a perfect player for me to explore music with and I use it at my office daily.

If my fuze classics should fail I know the Fuze+ will work “in a pinch”