Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

I posted my suggestions here before, but here’s an update after having the player for a longer time.  The first three are basic functionality, and I really need these to be fixed so I don’t feel quite so ripped off:

1. FIX SLUGGISH UI, START UP, AND OVERALL RESPONSIVENESS!!! My library is not even full, and without the MicroSD card in, I face 30+ second start up and 3-5 second lag between menus.

2. The “Back” button should never take me back to the wannabe-coverflow top menu unless I press it while in the Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Playlist menus.  " Back" should always mean back to the previous menu.

I have never had a device that defaulted back to the main menu, I have always been able to press the back button and go back the way I came.     The back button on your browser, your phone, and every other music player that’s worth a darn functions by taking you back to the previous menu.  Esp. given the lag time, it is SO frustrating to be taken to the top menu from song playback.  For example, if I have selected the artist I’m listening to by a specific genre, there’s a good chance I may want to change to another artist from that genre.  I should be able to back up to that menu easily.  I should not have to press “Back”, then select “Music”, then side over through “Artist” “Album” “Songs” and finally “Genre” and then scroll down and select the genre I was listening to.  This should not be effected by locking/unlocking, idle screen shut off, or even turning the player on and off–" Back" should always mean back to the previous menu.  Maybe “Back to Main Menu” could be listed under “Music Options” for quick access to the main menu.

1. Lock function.  I voted in the poll, and it’s in almost every feature request.  Let’s get with it.

2. As I suggested before, scrolling alphabetically would be nice.  I have a Samsung Sunburst touch screen phone, and the way I scroll through contacts by alphabet is by dragging a little scroll bar down slowly and letting go when I get to the letter I want.  The Fuze+ can do the same thing, using a slow drag down the center line.  Swiping on my phone is better too, when I swipe, it scrolls quickly, but when I get to the place I want, I tap once to stop without selecting anything.  Maybe this is already a feature and I just can’t tell because of the lag, but I should be able to stop immediately from a swipe when I reach the file I want, and that doesn’t happen for me now.

3. Bookmarks for audiobooks.  Why even have an Audiobook menu if it plays exactly like a song?

I say it every time–I really want to like this player.  It has great features that you can’t even find all together on more expensive players.  The severity of the issues I have with menu navigation, scrolling, and even the poorly designed lock feature would be greatly decreased by improving overall responsiveness of the UI.  Please, please, please release a firmware update that addresses at least some of these basic functionality issues!