Fuze+ Feedback and Feature Request Thread

Here are a few suggestions, while I’m still hot about the ■■■■ you’re currently calling an mp3 player:

The load time at startup is ridiculous.  If I go off of just the songs I currently have in internal memory (a little under 500), it can take anywhere up to a minute for the player to load at startup before I can actually listen to music.  If I plug in my external card and bump up the song count to about 1500, then it could be five minutes if not infinity and beyond.

Similarly, the above problem also seems to make it nearly impossible to access the Music section in anything resembling a timely manner.  Just getting into the section may take two minutes, then moving to each sub-section (Artists, Albums, Songs, etc.) takes an equally tedious amount of time.

Amazingly, these are the revised time estimates after checking the mp3 files for lengthy tag information based on the suggestions of members of these forums.  While it is nice that such a fix has somewhat alleviated this problem, 1) I never had to make any such concessions for my Fuze so there’s no good excuse for having to make them on an “improved” Fuze, and 2) this is not an issue that should be left to the user to resolve anyway.

Clearly there’s a system problem here, whether it’s in the database itself or the player’s ability to read the database.  Fix it.

Also, if there’s going to be an issue with loading in the Music section it would be nice if the backlight were forced to stay on at least until the process is complete.  If the player has to load for longer than 90 seconds (and mine almost always does), the longest backlight timer available, the backlight shuts off and it appears that the mp3 player has shut itself off.  Thankfully I discovered that it was not shutting itself off, but it shouldn’t have been up to me to discover it, much less wait around pushing buttons on the player to see if maybe it has finished loading yet.

And if I pause the player at the beginning of a song and turn the player off, when I turn the player back on my paused song then starts at 10 seconds.  I don’t want to hear the song starting at ten seconds in, I want to hear it starting from the beginning.

This could be a very unhappy Christmas for Sandisk if your flagship mp3 player is this unusable.