Fuze+ Feature feedback Poll

where exactly is this widget?

@alienkid10 wrote:

where exactly is this widget?

It’s gone now. That was almost 2 months ago.

Time marches on. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can we please have another widget?

what was it about and what were the options?

The last “widget” was about the lock feature.

There was a poll regarding how users would like a lock function implemented.

Personally, I prefer to work outside the box.  The touch pad has been a lightning rod  for issues with the new device.  I would like to use its quirkiness as its strongest attribute.  This can all be done with software.

When locked , the touchpad can be remapped, not just “disabled”.  The beauty of a touch pad is that you no longer need to fine a specific spot on the pad to operate it, with the exception of controlling the unlock.  My preference is to have alternate functions when locked, like a multiple-tap play/pause anywhere on the pad (this requires a deliberate rate of tap, so it doesn’t do things you don’t want), as well as a novel “sweep to skip” function, that would be sublime.

The development team is trying different possibilities, rest assured. 

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

To neutron_bob, I think that a locking feature like the iPod Touch would work a lot better than your solution.

A tap on the top power button locks the player and the screen turns off, then another tap turns the screen back on, and the usual swipe up the middle unlocks the player.

Opinions?

Why not just press it again?

Why is sliding up necessary? You’re just adding a useless gimmicky requirement to unlock the device.

Personally, I think there should be separate “locked” and “pocket” modes.

Locked mode is activate by a tap on the power button.

Pocket mode is activated by the current hold play button method.  Pocket mode allows a double tap to pause/play and a slide (continuous movement in any direction) skips to next track.

Volume controls could be available in either mode.

A tap on the power button would release either mode.

Two cents, change anyone?

Kremnari

Personally, I have absolutely no issues with the lock feature as it now stands…but with that said, the way the iPod Touch locks and unlocks is probably a touch (pun intended!) better.

I’m very disappointed with the touch features, had I known that it was going to be a hassle like it is, I would have bought a solenoid model. My old solenoid model would never change songs unexpectedly while I had it in my pocket when I was running or walking, on the beach. 

There’s nothing wrong with using the power button for lock, I am cautious with the timing of button presses for the power button after working with the View’s button- it has different levels of “OFF”.

The other thing I personally don’t like is having to grapple with the top of the device when it’s in a pocket.   In your pocket, that becomes the bottom of the device.  The top button has, in testing various situations, ended up being depressed inadvertently.

The current unlock function is okay in theory, if it would respond like the familiar unlock drag as on the iPhone- as long as the unlock has to follow a specific path on the touchpad, I think it would be much better.

The touchpad can actually be used to an advantage versus an impediment, as when you grab the Fuze in your pocket, you can feel the grip edge at the bottom.  We can take advantage of the touchpad, interpreting the type of contact as a proper command.  In effect, you need not find a specific button target.  For example, several successive rapid taps could pause the device when locked, or resume.

The device most definitely should have an automatic locking option.

As GB has noted, in some situations, the touchpad is quite nice to work with.

I really can’t relate to all of the complaints with the touchpad.  It has worked perfectly for me and the lock feature has never unintentionally unlocked itself while carrying it in a pocket (or any other function for that matter).  This is a touch device after all.  If a touch player isn’t your cup of tea, Sandisk does make the Clip+ that has more conventional controls, for those who prefer those.

The more I work with the device, the more I like it.  Scrolling through albums, I am impressed with the speed of the interface.  Contrary to some concerns I’ve seen, my device hasn’t been glitchy in terme of display speed.

Two interesting things I though I’d mention:

When the song title or album name begins with “The”, alphabetical listing begins after this word (article).  If the title begins with the word “A”, it will be alphabetized by the next word as well.  Smart little guy, isn’t he?

The “inertial scroll” functions both with  Albums and Songs, but the alphabetic cue (letter) is displayed only during Songs search.

I’ve handled a bunch of MP3 products, and out of all of them, the Fuze+ seems to be the most annoying to fiddle with. It lags with 8GB of music(Causing problems of responsiveness with the touchpad), the lock feature is so awkward compared to a simple lock slider, it also manages to unlock “itself” sometimes.

The problem with the Clip+ is that the screen looks horrid, and is way too small to handle anything(3 lines to read my album titles, how am I supposed to get around with that?)

I am not a big fan of the fuse+ first one died after 2 days.  The lock unlock feature can be unlocked by random control touch - like the volume or the navigation pad.  This should be fixed instead of telling me to put it in a case.  The play options for music is very difficult to navigate.  The random play all is not random, I get the same songs to cycle through.  Please make it random and not play the same ones until all have played.  I would like to have seen more control options, like a delete song button or something.  Basically your touch control is very temperamental and needs to be tweaked.  The head phone plug is not very sturdy, sometimes the plug slides out a little and the sound has static.  The radio feature is not very good, it needs a stronger signal so I can’t use it much.  I do like the sound quality and the hard buttons for volume.  The video display quality is good.  I think just overall the control option are not well thought out and seem very limited.  It could be a very nice device but it need lots of work.

lock funtion is fixed in latest firmware.

@alienkid10 wrote:

lock funtion is fixed in latest firmware.

It was fixed in the one before that too.

Yes it was but it’s still fixed in the new firmware too.

is this poll still up? I really can’t find the widget… Can someone post an exact link…

@ufotds wrote:

is this poll still up? I really can’t find the widget… Can someone post an exact link…

Nope, the poll for changing the lock feature was finished long ago.  Any widgets for new polls that may be posted will most likely be found on the right side of the main page where it says “Welcome to the Sandisk Forums”.