Highlighted

Re: Forced to resume playing from the beginning of the file?? (Not really)

Thank you bmn.  Your solution works.
Highlighted

Re: Forced to resume playing from the beginning of the file??

I have been listening to an Audio Book some of the MP3's are 1 HR 30 Min in length, I turn it off when I get to work/home and then when I turn it back on it picks up where it left off. I have tried pausing it which then turns off[auto] and it still seems to come back on at the same place - I will have to test that some more to be sure, tho.
Highlighted

I had the same symptoms, but the "stop while playing" trick doesnt always work. I often still have to resume from the start of the file.

I also would appreciate a Fast Forward better adapted to audiobook chapters who last about 1 hours. 
Highlighted

I, too, am having a terrible time with my audible files.  FFWD causes my express to crash entirely, so thats not an option for me.  I will try powering it off mid-play and see if that works.  Stopping the book before I shut off the player ALWAYS causes me to start at the beginning of a file.  groan. 

But here is my next issue: I don't always WANT to keep listening to my book.  Sometimes I'd like to listen to music and then go back to my book.  There isn't any way to make that work is there?  I'd love any suggestions. 

I bought this MP3 player specifically because it supports audible files but at this rate I'm going to have to get a different MP3 player to use for music.  What a pain!

Thanks for your thoughts!

JF