Features to include in future firmware updates for the fuze+

Add in folder navigation.

:stuck_out_tongue:

@mags1230 wrote:

Oh no, are we going to go through this again?

Don’t forget about (real) ‘gapless’!

@mags1230 wrote:

I have something to add. SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+

SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+

oh and SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+

and bookmarking would be nice since we can already do that with videos. (started watching a movie last night on my fuze+ then turned it back on this morning and it let me continue where i left off.

Thank you,

DemoBetaTester

PS SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ WOULD BE NICE.

@demobetatester wrote:

I have something to add. SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+

SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+

oh and SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+

and bookmarking would be nice since we can already do that with videos. (started watching a movie last night on my fuze+ then turned it back on this morning and it let me continue where i left off.

Thank you,

DemoBetaTester

PS SUPPORT FOR MP3 AUDIOBOOKS TO BE PLAYABLE IN THE AUDIOBOOKS SECTION OF THE FUZE+ WOULD BE NICE.

sorry. I get really annoyed when people tell me things will work one way and it turns out there weren’t telling the whole truth. Like sandisk says it plays audiobooks on the Fuze+ but what they didn’t say is you have to download them of audible (ONLY PLAYS .AA FORMAT) Insert line of curses here (I’ll leave you guys to fill that in)

@demobetatester wrote:

sorry. I get really annoyed when people tell me things will work one way and it turns out there weren’t telling the whole truth. Like sandisk says it plays audiobooks on the Fuze+ but what they didn’t say is you have to download them of audible (ONLY PLAYS .AA FORMAT) Insert line of curses here (I’ll leave you guys to fill that in)

No, that’s not true. You can still have auidobooks in .mp3 format (or even .wma, .ogg or .flac for that matter) on the player, and it will play them like any other file. The only difference is the ‘filing’ system. Only Audible .aa format files will be displayed in the Audiobooks menu on the screen. The others will be recognized (and displayed) under Music, just like it was a few years & a couple model releases ago with the original e200 series player.

Audio book fans made do and got along just fine without the .aa format (or support thereof).

@demobetatester wrote:

Thank you,

DemoBetaTester

@demobetatester wrote:

(edit) …started watching a movie last night on my fuze+ then turned it back on this morning and it let me continue where i left off.

DBT,

When you added the movie, were you able to just drag-and-drop it?  Or did you need to convert?  And what format was it originally?  Just trying to see if it’s as easy as Slotmonsta said.

Tapeworm wrote:  No, that’s not true. You can still have auidobooks in .mp3 format (or even .wma, .ogg or .flac for that matter) on the player, and it will play them like any other file. The only difference is the ‘filing’ system. Only Audible .aa format files will be displayed in the Audiobooks menu on the screen. The others will be recognized (and displayed) under Music, just like it was a few years & a couple model releases ago with the original e200 series player.

Audio book fans made do and got along just fine without the .aa format (or support thereof).

Audiobooks are my main objective, none of which are Audible .aa, and so this seems like a big step backward.  I’m familiar with several Sansa players, but not the e200 series & Fuze+.  Are you saying the most efficient way to navigate to your .wma/.mp3 Audiobooks on the Fuze+ is “Music->Genre->Audiobook”?

Hopefully the Music Shuffle option still excludes audiobook tracks!

Mags1230,First you do need to convert it to the right screen resolution.

I tried doing it three different ways. 

The first was i used a free program call Format Factory. I converted it to MPEG4 and the 320x240 ration (in this program its the first option under mobile devices.) Then i drag-n-dropped to the Video Folder in the player.

2nd way was to load the videos into the Sansa Media Converter and it auto-loaded it onto the player in the correct spot. Easy.

3rd way is to first run it through Format Factory. Then run it to the SMC which when its done it (your video) is loaded onto your player.

The only reason you do the 3rd ways is if its a Really big video that takes a lot of converting (say a full feature fill (like i just finished watching Ratatuille )  Then you would want to do a pre convert so that SMC doesn’t take a long time and format factory at the most (that I’ve experienced) has taken 10 minutes for a 1hr long thing (again thats just what its capable of on my machine) But if its just like half hour vid. then just go head and run it straight throught SMC . 

From what i experienced. in my 2.5 days of having it. loading video is like this. Add Media into SMC, Click Convert (which its full command is Convert and Send to player which is why you need it plugged in) Go bathroom and go get a drink and come back and its half done (of course this is depending on how much stuff you are doing and how much memory your computer has) But its really a walk in the park. as easy as sitting down to a fresh baked sweet potatoes pie. (mmm pie) 

Home this helps

DemoBetaTester 

@demobetatester wrote:

. . . as easy as sitting down to a fresh baked sweet potatoes pie. (mmm pie) 

Oh boy, sweet potato pie! The only thing that could top that is . . . BACON! :smileyvery-happy:

No Kmk_01mk. If you tag them as Audiobooks (if you haven’t already) and put them in the Podcast section then it works just as if the audiobooks had there own section away from music. Music goes in Music section and “mp3” Audiobooks and Podcasts Go in Podcasts section and Audible Audiobooks goes in the Audiobooks section.

(FYI - what i meant by “mp3” audiobooks is that any audiobook in any format OTHER then the audible .aa format will appear in the podcast section so long as its in the podcast folder when you load it, (otherwise it will be placed under music section ))

Thanks and Tapeworm I know that you can play audiobooks that are in other formats what i mean in my message is that ONLY audible .aa audiobooks will play in the audiobooks section. sorry for not making that statement clearer.

DemoBetaTester

Hmmm Bacon . Now theres a firmware updater for you. Have it so you can have a dancing piece of bacon as a choice instead of your music album covers. (but still of course be able to change it back).

DBT (not to be confused with EBT)

@demobetatester wrote:

Mags1230,First you do need to convert it to the right screen resolution.

I tried doing it three different ways. 

The first was i used a free program call Format Factory. I converted it to MPEG4 and the 320x240 ration (in this program its the first option under mobile devices.) Then i drag-n-dropped to the Video Folder in the player.

2nd way was to load the videos into the Sansa Media Converter and it auto-loaded it onto the player in the correct spot. Easy.

3rd way is to first run it through Format Factory. Then run it to the SMC which when its done it (your video) is loaded onto your player.

The only reason you do the 3rd ways is if its a Really big video that takes a lot of converting (say a full feature fill (like i just finished watching Ratatuille )  Then you would want to do a pre convert so that SMC doesn’t take a long time and format factory at the most (that I’ve experienced) has taken 10 minutes for a 1hr long thing (again thats just what its capable of on my machine) But if its just like half hour vid. then just go head and run it straight throught SMC . 

From what i experienced. in my 2.5 days of having it. loading video is like this. Add Media into SMC, Click Convert (which its full command is Convert and Send to player which is why you need it plugged in) Go bathroom and go get a drink and come back and its half done (of course this is depending on how much stuff you are doing and how much memory your computer has) But its really a walk in the park. as easy as sitting down to a fresh baked sweet potatoes pie. (mmm pie) 

Home this helps

DemoBetaTester 

Thanks for explaining how to do it.  The fuze+'s screen size is big enough for me to want to watch movies on it.  I’m going to give Format Factory a try.

@demobetatester wrote:

No Kmk_01mk. If you tag them as Audiobooks (if you haven’t already) and put them in the Podcast section then it works just as if the audiobooks had there own section away from music. Music goes in Music section and “mp3” Audiobooks and Podcasts Go in Podcasts section and Audible Audiobooks goes in the Audiobooks section.

Thanks for the clarification.  It would have confused me the first time in, but I could deal with that.  

A couple of things that I’d like to see:

1. An option to change the Music menu to display the albums loaded on your Fuze+ (in other words, Cover “Faux”).  I don’t find the 10 most recently played tracks that the Fuze+ features on that menu to be all that useful, but it certainly could be one of the options for those that do.  It seems a bit of a waste to have a relatively large and moderately high res screen and then limit selection by album to tiny thumbnails next to text.  Again, the latter can be a useful option as well, but I’d really like to be able to select albums by flipping through the large size thumbnails.
  2. Allow flipping from the last menu to the first by one more swipe to the left (and vice versa from the first menu to the last).

Nothing’s perfect, but overall I’m quite satisfied with the Fuze+.  The 2 suggestions would make it even better, at least for me.

@tapeworm wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

Yes we are going to go through that again (at least until the thick ones get the message) and no we won’t forget true gapless - ever.  So far, from what I see in the comments here, the new item appears to be a waste of money.  A lot of shiny promises but half-assed delivery or worse yet, removal of useful features (as it is in the case of folder browsing).

Can’t say I’ll be recommending it to anyone at this point.

@roj wrote:

Yes we are going to go through that again (at least until the thick ones get the message) and no we won’t forget true gapless - ever.  So far, from what I see in the comments here, the new item appears to be a waste of money.  A lot of shiny promises but half-assed delivery or worse yet, removal of useful features (as it is in the case of folder browsing).

Can’t say I’ll be recommending it to anyone at this point.

Can always count on roj to

Support for id3v2.4 with UTF-8 :smiley: