False critical battery message

I was loading a book and battery level on the Clip Zip was 97%.   I checked a bit later to see if it was at 100%.  Nope.  In fact it was giving a “critical” battery message?  No juice at all.   I doubt that.   I unplugged it and rebooted.  Now it says 97% again.   I have seen this same type thing before.   Sometimes if I unplug it and replug to USB I get the what i think is the true percent.   Then, maybe not?  This is a bit confusing.  Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Are you seeing this in Windows or on the player itself? This is a known issue with Win7. It will display “Critical” at the drop of a hat, usually totally false and not update the percentage as the player gains charge. Always go by what the player says its charge is.

Are you seeing this in Windows or on the player itself? This is a known issue and fault with Win 7. It will display “Critical” at the drop of a hat, usually totally false and not update the percentage as the player gains charge. Always go by what the player says its charge is.

Thanks.   Yes, I see this when I hover the cursor over the player icon on window screen.   I will also see it if i click on properties and look at the battery percentage.   Then, as I say…  a while longer it may show 97%.   I sort of figured there was some sort of ‘bug’ at work here but wanted to see if anyone agreed.   Just kind of unsettling to see that when I am going out on the lake to ice fish and listen to a book while out on the frozen expanse.   And no, I do not freeze.   Thanks again!

Just make sure it’s charged up before you head out to the lake. Completely depleted, it should take about 3 hours or so to fully charge, so if it’s half-way down an hour or so should be suficient. This should give you 8 - 12 hours of playing time. I’d probably advise keeping the player warm inside your clothing as cold temps deplete a battery pretty quickly.

Just don’t poke anybody’s eye out with those fish.

:laughing: