FLAC files differ

I have two flac files. One of them is playable. If I load the other Fuze starts endless restart loops.

Is one a 16-bit FLAC file and the other a 24-bit? 24-bit FLAC files are not supported (meaning they won’t work).

No. I run linux os. These are the outputs of file:

MendelssohnVC.flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 28477440 samples
DOWLAND_Complete_Lute_Works-Vol_1-Paul_ODette.flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 169905540 samples

The second makes error. Can you see anything?

@suyp wrote:

No. I run linux os. These are the outputs of file:

MendelssohnVC.flac: FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 28477440 samples
DOWLAND_Complete_Lute_Works-Vol_1-Paul_ODette.flac : FLAC audio bitstream data, 16 bit, stereo, 44.1 kHz, 169905540 samples

The second makes error. Can you see anything?

You might try shortening the file name. Also it appears as though this file is much larger than the MendelssonhnVC file. I assume from the ‘Complete Lute Works’ in the name that it is comprised of several individual tracks combined together into one long track/file? If so, you might try breaking it up into smaller files.

can you upload the problem file somewhere and PM a link. We can take a look at the file. 

i have the same problem, my fuze+ starts endless restart if i copy the some flac files to my fuze+

the flac files are 16bit , 44100KHz and My Sansa Clip can play it wưll, but my Fuze+ doesn’t

any idea 2 fix this problem?

I’m still running into this problem with the most recent firmware.

So far the 2 albums I’ve run across that cause my fuze+ to constantly reboot have been encoded with Flac ver. 1.1

As soon as i re-encode them with ver 1.2.1 they work fine on the fuze+

known problem. Some flacs just do it. Sandisk lied anyway - not supporting 24 bit flacs and saying nothing about it.