Double listed songs and hidden memory

Hi everybody, I read through many of the topics and did a search before posting this message.

I couldn’t find any one with similar problem.

I have an older Sansa Fuze model BH0909BMTK-4Gb.

The other day I was uploading three more albums into my Sansa using Rhapsody.

Everything smooth and the Sansa once done the regular reset and powerdown.

Same day in the evening as I was to drive for two hours I powered it up. Now I had 110 songs from three albums each song had a dublicate. And I only have 800Mb left.

I deleted each duplicate and when starting the player it is running through each title on the screen, one title each two seconds.

But no music.

When linked to Sansa pc program the unit shows a G-drive using little more than 3Gb.

I can’t access this G-drive.

Is it time over for this player or does anyone have idea what to do? I have tried with the going back to factory settings without any result.

Should I try formatting the drive? Or should I get a new one?

Thanks for any help.

Per

@sansa_flyer wrote:

I have an older Sansa Fuze model BH0909BMTK-4Gb.

If you’re talking about the ‘original’ Fuze like this:

then you’ve posted in the wrong board. This one is for discussions, questions, problems, etc. for the newer Fuze+

@sansa_flyer wrote:

I have tried with the going back to factory settings without any result.

Should I try formatting the drive?  

Resetting the factory defaults won’t do anything for your problem. All that does is reset your personal settings.

Formatting wouldn’t be a bad thing to do however, it will erase all ‘user-added’ content on the player and you will most likely have to re-authorize and re-download everything from Rhapsody again.