Connect to my router

I have a Linksys-G Broadband router with Speedbooster and when I try to connect with my Sansa to the router it says that it’s unable to connect. I would like to solve this problem with your help.

Try this from the FAQs.

Q: What are the steps that the Connect performs when connecting to a WiFi network?
A:
There are typically three steps when the Connect starts WiFi.

1. FINDING NETWORKS – Available networks are identified and presented. You can select an available network or choose ‘hidden network’ (if you know the SSID of a hidden network). When you successfully connect to network, the network name and password is saved in the ‘PREFERRED NETWORKS’ list. If a Preferred Network is available, the Connect will automatically select it and send the password information to connect to it.
  2. CONNECTING TO NETWORK – the Connect is authenticating and associating with the WiFi network access point. If the Connect completes this step, then you know the security settings are compatible, the password was correct and you successfully connected to the access point. If you fail this step but connected to this network before, delete the network from the ‘PREFERRED NETWORKS’ list so you can manually enter the password (as something might have changed since it was last saved).
  3. CHECKING NETWORK – the Connect is testing network connectivity beyond the wireless access point and verifying the Zing service network is reachable. If the connection fails during this step then there is a problem with the access point internet connection or the access point diverts the connection to a ‘terms of use agreement’ web page. Some hotspots divert to a terms of use agreement web page which the Connect cannot accept.

Q: I’ve entered my WiFi password, yet the connection fails. What could be wrong?
A:
If the Sansa fails during the CONNECTING TO NETWORK step, there is a problem with the password or access point configuration. If your password has lower case letters, make sure that you change the case when entering the password. The default case on the Sansa Connect is upper case. You should also make sure the access point doesn’t have MAC filtering option turned on. If the Sansa Connect completes the CONNECTING TO NETWORK step and fails during the CHECKING NETWORK step, then something is wrong with the access point internet connection. Try rebooting your Cable/DSL modem and WiFi access point.

I am having the same problem with Linksys.  My computer can be connected perfectly fine as it is right now but as soon as I plug my Clip into the USB port, it interferes with my ability to use the internet.  I can look at my wireless utility (Dynex) and it says that I am still connected but no webpages will come up.  There is a disruption due to the clip and none of the advice suggested for avoiding this problem applies.  Can I get some help on this if anyone has anything to add?