Confirmed - Micro SD Load Problems due to aac file load failures

@miikerman wrote:

How are you transferring files to the Clip?  A Mac can create ghost files that will choke a player.  The solution:  use Internet freeware Hidden Cleaner or KopyMac to transfer the files. 

Milkerman,

I decided to test whether these “ghost files” are a factor in the slow refresh time issues I am having using a 32 GB card with 3100 music files on it.  I moved all of the files to a PC from my Mac.  I then used mp3tag to clean the tags from iTunes using Marvin_Martian’s mp3 tag options.  I resaved all the tags in mp3tag and then I moved all the files from the PC to the SanDisk Card that I had emptied of all the previous files. 

When I put the card back into the ClipZip and turned it on it took 110 minutes to complete the refresh.  This is about as long as it took before, so the ghost files don’t appear to be the issue in these long refresh times.  ITunes tags don’t appear to be the issue, I replaced all of those with the mp3tag program.  I lost all the cover art in the process of the move from Mac to PC, so the cover art is not the issue.  The only thing left to try is MSC versus MTP mode.  I have been using MSC mode up until now, due to use of the MAC, but now I can try MTP instead.  Any bets on whether this helps?

What’s left to try other than MSC vs. MTP?

GPH