Confirmed - Micro SD Load Problems due to aac file load failures

Miikerman:  

my OS is windows XP, I use the provided USB-to-microUSB under the MTP(?) mode. It shows up under windows as a portable device with access to internal and external storage.  I used windows explore to copy the files over.  I tried using a small sample of my mp3/m4a collection. It always stuck on the m4a reindex (if i remove it, indexing always suceeds).

drlucky:

I appreciate the offer to examing the mp3 files, but since iTune seems to encode my information into the music files, I’m alittle reluctant to post them.  I know then I don’t seem to help my own case under the circumstance by not posting them.

My thought:

The current firmware really gives a bad impression of the unit.  Look at the comments on Amazon, people misdiagnose thinking its card issue or the unit is faulty and return to Amazon for replacement.  Ultimately, they leave reviews that either leave people hesistant or steer them away (most people are not technical, and is not willing to chase down the cause like many here. They simply pick something else).

To help troubleshooting, the firmware really need to:

1. While re-indexing, if encounter issue, capture the error and move on so the unit stays working (even if its just with only mp3 indexed).

2. The result of the re-index should generate a log of the status containing any errors encountered during reindexing.  This should be log then user can provide Sandisk for troubleshooting purpose (instead of having to post files, Sandisk should be able to work with the detailed in the error/exception)

3. Allow manual Re-Index.  It can stay under the system manu, with 2 options:

3a.  Reindex All

3b.  Reindex Updates (any new file since last index)

This options should work well with suggestion #1.  While #1 allows people to continue to use the unit, #3 allows a way to reindex after an updated firmware is issued.