ClipZip is very slow to make even minor changes to content. Even using all MP3 files as content.

I have utilized a number of the suggestions presented here on the forum to try to workaround some of the issues with this player.  My latest experiment was to move my files to Windows to bypass any potential MacOS reasons for slow player refresh times.  I also used the suggested Mp3tag program to read and then rewrite all my tags for all the files moved to the player.  I took my card and deleted all the files moved from the Mac and replaced them with the the files moved to the PC and retagged them all with Mp3tag.  The result was a card that took 110 minutes to refresh about 27 GB of content.  This is still way too slow in my opinion and the only thing I have left to try is the MTP mode instead of MSC.  All this work thus far has produced no noticeable improvement yet in refresh times.  These were very disappointing results to say the least.

In summary it appears that Mac hidden files are not the reason for the slow refresh.  I took that out of the equation by moving the files to the PC.  It appears ITunes tagging is not the reason either.  I retagged all the files with Mp3tag on the PC. While retagging I made sure I only have MP3 files left to transfer to the card , so aac files are a non issue now for my refresh delay. The refresh still takes 110 minutes for the card.  Would you live with that?  Is that reasonable performance for a player that costs $50? 

I still have to test changing some podcasts on the player memory to see how that works out for refresh.  I will see if that still takes 49 minutes for 26 or so changes.  After I finish that test I will try MTP mode and rerun this test just to see if it changes anything.  

Without some actual SanDisk refresh routine software improvements, it appears this player refresh usability with memory cards can’t be improved with the suggested forum workarounds I tried so far.  I thank everyone for the ideas provided thus far.  Does anyone have any other ideas other than doing whatever we have to to get SanDisk to address this refresh issue?  I’m running out of things to try and I am about out of patience with this player.

GPH