Highlighted

ClipZip and windows 8

I have a new Dell W8 computer and am having an issue where my ClipZip is not recognized by my computer. Does anyone know how to correct this? I think I need the drivers for the ClipZip, but SanDisk support has not provided them.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: ClipZip and windows 8

Try MSC mode on your Clip Zip. It should be recognized as any other external drive (hard drive, thumb drive, etc.)

Settings > System Settings > USB Mode > MSC.

Highlighted

I too have this problem - device is not being recognized by my new Windows 8 Dell laptop - no difference whether i change to MSC or autodetect mode.

SanDisk, any recommendations?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

If you haven't yet done so, you might try going under Windows' device manager and uninstall/unauthorize any Clip player listed there.  That will force Windows to try to set up a brand new connection the next time you connect up--this sometimes will work.

Highlighted

I have Windows 8 and a Dell Notebook. Clip Zip Woks fine.

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem with Windows 8 on a new Toshiba Satellite and my Sansa Clip Zip.  Just started down the road to resolution. Wondering how to download new firmware, if that's the answer, when the laptop doesn't recognize the USB device.  The brave little Clip Zip says it's connected. hmmm.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@MargieBH wrote:

I'm having the same problem with Windows 8 on a new Toshiba Satellite and my Sansa Clip Zip.  Just started down the road to resolution. Wondering how to download new firmware, if that's the answer, when the laptop doesn't recognize the USB device.  The brave little Clip Zip says it's connected. hmmm.

It's not.

But you can get the latest firmware update in the Sansa Firmware Thread in the User Guide | Firmware | Software board on this forum.

Highlighted

Same experience here. Changing USB Mode to MSC doesn't fix things.

Should I download firmware as described fore other Sansa players?

Highlighted

Changing to the third USB port, located on the left side on my Toshiba laptop, seemed to do the trick.  I downloaded the clipzip update and followed the instructions on the update page on this forum. I hope I'm all set now.

@MargieBH wrote:

Same experience here. Changing USB Mode to MSC doesn't fix things.

Should I download firmware as described fore other Sansa players?

Highlighted

So does anyone have a straight answer on how to make the clip zip work with Windows 8?