Clip Zip, to buy or to wait for the announcement?

@metadata wrote:

Great. I understand that you aren’t a fan of the Clip Zip. However I prefer to just have that extra bit of convienience. Not so much for the album art, but because I think that it will simply allow easier folder browsing. I’m planning to stuff 40GB of much on it +/- (8GB intern + 32GB microSDHC) so I figured that I would be better off with the Clip Zip since it’s just 4 euro’s more expensive & it has more active support from SanDisk’s own firmware updates. (Not planning to install RockBox straight away)

Or is that really such a bad idea?

The Zip is OK; theres’ nothing wrong with it. It’s just not any better (in my opinion) than the Plus (and in some ways like the screen res, it’s worse). It provides no “extra convenience”, nor will it allow any “easier folder browsing”.

And the last firmware update SanDsik put out for any of thier mp3 players was for the Clip+. The Zip hasn’t had one since April, and the way I hear it, it won’t be any more.

But do (and buy) what you want. They’re both fine players. I just believe the Plus model has a slight advantage.  Others feel just the opposite. :wink: