Clip Zip SDXC Card Support?

I have v1 and v2 Tags and Tag with Tag & Rename without unicode. No Problem. MP3 make with Foobar and lame.

Clip Zip 8 Gig and a Patriot LX 32 Gig Class 10 Card work. 4500 Files. Original Firmware. Database rebuild take 2-3 Minutes.

I re-tagged all MP3s to v2.3 ISO-8859-1 by means of MP3Tag ā€“ to no avail: The player is still slow, with more than 20 minutes for refreshing and 5 seconds for skipping in shuffle mode (exept for tracks on the internal memory, with which reaction time is normal, i.e. <1 s) ā€“ and this with further reduced SDXC card charge, now only 29.5 GB.

@koto wrote:

Clip Zip 8 Gig and a Patriot LX 32 Gig Class 10 Card work. 4500 Files. Original Firmware. Database rebuild take 2-3 Minutes.

Hard to believe! All my SanDisk Players (2 Clip+, 1 Clip Zip) regularly take about 15 minutes for database refreshing with 8 + 32 GB. Files are LAME-based MP3s with simple tags and without album art.

Im have test it. My Sample Time. Clip Zip 8 Gig.

Internal Rebuild take 40 Second with 926 Files, 104 Folder and 5,72 GB (6.143.737.856 Bytes)

My Card is a SDHC Patriot 32 Gig LX not SDXC and a Class 10.

3.428 Files, 216 Folder,Ā 21,7 GB (23.353.688.064 Bytes)

Total Scanning Time.both,Ā  5.44 Minutes.

@koto wrote:

5,72 GB ā€¦21,7 GB ā€¦Total Scanning Time both: 5.44 Minutes

That may be the crucial point: Both of my cards are 100% loaded, while yours are only ~77%/~71%.

The Time not improve by 2 with 12-13 Gig more. This can be a Class issue for SD-Card. Faster are better. :slight_smile:

Your Filled the Player over?

Have you have leave Space for the Datanbase?

@koto wrote:

This can be a Class issue for SD-Card. Faster are better. :slight_smile:

Possible. (Actually the usual time is rather 12 than 15 minutes with my Zip.)

Have you have left Space for the Database?

Yes, exactly enough. The player usually protests if itā€™s disregarded.

@koto wrote:

The Time not improve by 2 with 12-13 Gig more. This can be a Class issue for SD-Card. Faster are better. :slight_smile:

Your Filled the Player over?

Have you have leave Space for the Datanbase?

The internal card reader in these players is only about the equivalent of Class 4. Using a Class 10 will make no difference.

Time to SandiskĀ  to improve that.

Scanning the MP3 Tags with Winamp from the Player takes 30-60 Seconds. Sandisk scnn the MP3 over the Internet or mars?

Sorry 10-15 Minutes are very bad. My pocket calculator have more Power. :slight_smile:

@jazz wrote:

I re-tagged all MP3s to v2.3 ISO-8859-1 by means of MP3Tag ā€“ to no avail: The player is still slow, with more than 20 minutes for refreshing and 5 seconds for skipping in shuffle mode (exept for tracks on the internal memory, with which reaction time is normal, i.e. <1 s) ā€“ and this with further reduced SDXC card charge, now only 29.5 GB.

When you retagged the MP3s, did you do it on the files that are already on the card?  If so, Iā€™ve read that it works better if you change the tags while the songs are your computer and then reload them onto the card.  Though Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™ll be any improvements on an SDXC card thatā€™s been formatted to FAT32.

@mags1230 wrote:

When you retagged the MP3s, did you do it on the files that are already on the card?

Yes, on the card.

Unfortunately, refreshes can take considerable time, depending on the content size. Ā With close to 30GB of content, my player will take 20 minutes to refresh (and itā€™s longer on the Clip+). Ā It indeed is time for SanDisk to re-work this (and has been, for awhile . . .).

@miikerman wrote:

Unfortunately, refreshes can take considerable time, depending on the content size.  With close to 30GB of content, my player will take 20 minutes to refresh (and itā€™s longer on the Clip+).  It indeed is time for SanDisk to re-work this (and has been, for awhile . . .).

Of course in about 10 minutes total you could resolve the issue on both your Zip and your Clip+. :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Of course in about 10 minutes total you could resolve the issue on both your Zip and your Clip+. :wink:

I think I know what you meanā€¦ :wink:

Can i use a 128GB SDXCĀ  using rockbox?

Seeing how a 128GB Micro SDXC card has not been released yet by any company, Iā€™d say the answer is no.

Unless you want to jerry-rig a micro adaptor and use a full-size SDXC card. Kinda defeats the portability factor, but yes,Ā I think then it would probably work if . . . the card is re-formatted to FAT32. Thatā€™s what it takes to use the current largest capacity 64GB SDXC card.

Oh sorry, i confused the SD.

Can i use a 64gb then? (Like this one http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350583720&sr=8-1&keywords=microsd+64 )

Yep. Ā You just need to format the card for FAT32. Ā 

I have a Clip Zip (v01.01.20A) and am having an issue with a 64GB SanDisk card (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005V7WIA2/ref=wms_ohs_product

No matter how I format it, it wonā€™t read in the Clip Zip (Settings->Info->SD Card = 0MB, Free=0MB).Ā  I have tried NTFS (which I figured wouldnā€™t work), EXFat (which I also figured wouldnā€™t work), FAT32 (used Easus MiniTool Partition Wizard to format the 64 GB card which was read by multiple XP pcs), and even the internal Clip Zip formatter (which either kept locking up or I just got impatient after 11+ hours of formatting that the screen still displayed ā€œFormattingā€).

My 32GB card works fine but my library is larger than than and itā€™s beginning to really get difficult to keep a separate ā€œstripped downā€ set of MP3 files just for the Clip Zip.Ā  My goal is to have all of my portable devices (Nook Tablet, Nook HD+, Galaxy Tab 2 7, Droid 4 phone, and Clip ZIP) all usingt the same basic set of master MP3 files (yes, I use different apps for them to link to the PC) all with the same SD card (this card is working in the other 4 devices, just not in my Clip Zip).

Whew. Sorry for all the info, but I wanted to be as complete as possible on the first post.Ā  Thanks for any help.

It will need to be re-formatted to FAT32, but not all formatting software may do the job in a way that your Zip may like. Have you tried the SD Associatonā€™s Formatting Tool?

Hereā€™s another formatting tool that I hear people have have good results with in doing exactly what you are trying to do, re-format a 64GB SDXC (exFAT)Ā to a SDHC format (FAT32).

Please let us know if either of these work for you, as there will be others who will undoubtedly want to do the same. :wink:

I believe Ā putting the card into the Android phone will take care of it. Initially it will send an error message of some sort and ask if you want to re-formatā€¦say yes to that, and the phone should take care of the formatting for you.