Clip Zip General Information

A footnote: if this page isn’t displaying correctly, (I just noted this with Firefox), cut and paste the URL into Internet Explorer.  With IE9, click on the Compatibility View button to see everything clearly.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Erm, so I know I’m a complete ■■■■■ for asking: Is the Clip Zip compatible w/ Windows Vista? I would assume so since it says it’s compatible with XP, but most products also list Vista if the compatibility is present.

Thanks people. :stuck_out_tongue:  Feel free to mock me.

Actually, that’s a good catch.  Yep, with XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux, and Macs.  (And likely, also compatible with pre-XP systems as well.) 

I do not know how to handle with option VOLUME>HIGH in Settings submenu.

There’s no such an option in release 1.01.17.  :cry:

, although the manual shows that it is in the menu.

@ryskan1 wrote:

I do not know how to handle with option VOLUME>HIGH in Settings submenu.

There’s no such an option in release 1.01.17.  :cry:

, although the manual shows that it is in the menu.

From the Clip/Clip+ board, though it applies to all Sansa models that have received updates in the past year or two: “No more High Setting in Music Volume”.

Great!!!  Problem solved.

Thanks!

Where do I live… :angry: … Europe

I do apologize in advance if this question had been answered before.

Audiobooks - does this include files I’ve downloaded from iTunes (m4b)?  Or do I need to get these files converted to mp3 before using?

Device driver software for MTP device is not installing on my Windows 7 . . .Does anyone know how to resolve this?

@msdrafter84 wrote:

Device driver software for MTP device is not installing on my Windows 7 . . .Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Use MSC mode.

@msdrafter84 wrote:

You can try uninstalling/unauthorizing the Clip under Windows and then reattach the player–that hopefully will cause Windows to reinstall the necessary driver.

On the device, manually set MTP Mode  first, since Auto Detect will switch the device to MSC anyway, should there be a problem.

Speaking of problems, we have Windows 7 in this equation, so MTP should be fine…at least the capability is there, right?  After switching manually, (Settings > System Settings > USB Mode > MTP on the Clip Zip.) go ahead and plug in.

Click on the Windows Explorer button (I have WE pinned to the taskbar), and have a look where the Clip Zip shows up. If it connects in MTP, it will show as a media device, meaning that it will have no drive letter assigned to it. If you click on the Clip Zip in the device tree, it should open to Internal and External memory.

If that does NOT happen, then open the Device Manager to find the little guy. With a little luck, you might see it with the “yellow triangle of doom” icon, making it easier to spot. Sometimes, however, Windows thinks everything is fine, and you won’t see it. The Zip normally will list (when in MTP) under Portable Devices.  If there, or under the USB Root hub, you’ll see something.  Double click on it, or right-click, then select Properties, then the Tools tab, and click on uninstall.

By uninstalling, you’re telling Windows to dump the current registry entry for the device. WIndows has a “cheat sheet” of notes, telling it what to do when it sees the connected device.  If this gets messed up for any reason, the next time the device is plugged in, it simply goes to the same messed up configuration, and you don’t see the Sansa.  We need to repair that.

The nect time you plug in, after uninstalling, the computer will rebuild the configuration, and all should be well. Once you have selected uninstall (with the device connected), unplug, and give the PC about 30 seconds to settle.  hen, plug her back in.

You should be rewarded with a little balloon message, “new device found, MTP device”.

In Windows 7, you’ll also see the Clip Zip icon in the taskbar.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Okay, here’s a thing:

My music is on an older computer that is not hooked up to the internet.  It’s got windows XP Professional.

When I connect my new Clip Zip, it doesn’t show up under My Computer, but the little balloon messege says “Sansa Clip Zip found” and the player says connected.

I tried the above, and it comes up in Device Manager but says it’s not configured correctly(Code 1) and that I have to install the driver which is not found.  

I put the newest firmware update via a jump drive on my comp, but I don’t know if that will solve the problem or how to use the .bin file.  

Can I get it to work without using the internet?

EDIT:  ■■■■, it’s only got WMP 9.  Does that affect my computer’s ability to read my clip zip?

Yes, XP was shipped with WiMP 9. XP has been around for quite a while!  You can update to WiMP 10 or 11, by either searching for Windows Media Player 10 / 11 via Microsoft’s web site, or via Help > Check For Updates when WiMP 9 is open.

Upgrading your media player will make a big difference, ass the interface is much better, and it’s a free upgrade.

It will also add MTP capability to your computer, and you will have two possible connection modes available.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@towerlobbyfloor wrote:

EDIT:  ■■■■, it’s only got WMP 9.  Does that affect my computer’s ability to read my clip zip?

Not if you use MSC mode (Settings > System Settings > USB Mode > MSC).

I have similar problem.  Running XP tablet PC 5.1 SP3, and wimp 11.0.   Yes, I can set to MTP mode, then uninstall in Device Manager.  When plugging in again, it wants to search for drivers using Windows Update.   If I let it do that, I get this error from Found New Hardware Wizard:  “CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE The class installer has denied the request to install or update this device”

Can’t you simply set the player to MSC mode?

hi guys

The Sansa Clip will no doubt go down in MP3 player history as one of the biggest successes the market has seen, and it has just gotten better and better over the years as firmware updates, Rockbox and the hardware update has improved on the original player in all sorts of ways. SanDisk knows this, so it’s not surprising that they’re giving the player yet another hardware overhaul, this time called the Clip Zip.

YouTube Downloader

Strike #3

how do you turn on the FM receiver on a sansa clip zip ?

@beaufortwolf wrote:

how do you turn on the FM receiver on a sansa clip zip ?

Answered in your duplicate post:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Clip-Zip/FM-radio-not-working/m-p/296431/highlight/true#M4738