Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

God, you really saved on the screen, SanDisk, don’t you… 96x96x65k dollar-a-bucket huge pixels oled. The Clip’s 128 width is (barely) enough for long titles, 96 is beyond enough, unless you’re a big fan of trading stocks.

Would be so nice to have a deluxe version, with a quality oled that takes all the space. Or at least the same quality oled, but 128x128, so we wouldn’t have to sacrifice width for height.

There’s a theory that there are parallel universes. I would like to use this forum to leave a message for myself in the universe where Zip has a border-to-border screen:

On the other hand, I am still all yours, SanDisk, a slave customer :). You got me with a quality AMS SoC, with the sd card slot, with flac, with the fact that you are the only major vendor who supports ReplayGain (no-bo-dy else does, even cowon).

So I’m yours SanDisk, even with your stupid crappy screens. But if you do a good screen and (Dear God!) open up your stuff to Rockbox, like you originally planned long time ago, I’d be screaming about your players at every forum like a cult zealot.