Clip Zip Feedback and Feature Request Thread

P.S. I have a Clip+ for music alone, as I find it hard to use for audiobooks in other aspect as well, most particularly with regards to lack of bookmarking. Even though there is some function to remember where you stopped an audiobook it does not work well with my mp3s which are labelled by CD number and track. I can only get it to work if I merge everything to one single mp3-file. So I think improvements are in order for audiobooks in general, if Zip is like Clip+.

The Clip+ and Clip Zip work okay for audiobooks or series of podcasts. If you tag your audiobook and give each file the same album tag, and fill in the track number tag(it is easiest if the numbering starts with 100, assuming there are less than 900 files) the player won’t just remember the place in the file, but which file it was playing last in the audiobook. Editing the tags is easy with mp3tag. I do miss the lack of variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction though.

I previously stated that I wanted an optional mode with a user settable value that will turn the player off if no buttons are pressed within that time. That way if someone is listening to the player and gets distracted and forgets to pause the player, the battery won’t get run down.