Clearing memory songs. Clip.Zip

I can see Music folder Albums and on the S-Disk.   It even lists  the tracks.  When I go to PC and Right click properties for the G: drive it shows that 2/3 of the bytes are used.   D-click on G: for Sanza ClipZ  it shows nothing in any folder, except for 3 .SYS files .    So, PC  can’t delete anything to free up the space?  Can’t delete what isn’t there.   But it “is” there according to S-Disk…any idea what gives??  

Songs entered in MTP mode don’t show up in MSC Mode, so it could be that. You can switch modes and delete them. Alternatively, you can just reformat the disk as fat32 to erase everything.

You nailed it!   Thanks a heap!!

Howdy Professor-

I am trying to delete all the NPR junk that came preloaded on my zipclip. I’ve tried all three USB modes, but I can’t get any of those tracks to show up on my PC. Is there a way to delete them from the zipclip?  Thanks.

Settings > System Settings > Format > Yes.

Be careful of trying to delete that type file with the “delete” directly on your ClipZip. I just did that - pushed delete while the

radio promo on my new card - for SlotRadio - and it deleted everything on the card. ALL of the 1000 songs! Card was free

with a QVC purchase, BUT I doubt I can get a replacement! Darn…

How do you do the fat32 thing?  It says that I still have songs on my zip clip, but I manually removed them through the computer.  HELP!

@peggy wrote:

How do you do the fat32 thing?  It says that I still have songs on my zip clip, but I manually removed them through the computer.  HELP!

The answer is 2 posts above yours. Having the player format itself means you don’t have to worry about the FAT32 thing.