Charging problems

I bought a sansa fuze+ and it wont turn on. I plugged it in to 3 different computers, and none of them will charge it. I tried holding the power button for 30secs and that didn't work. The device says that its connected, but the icon on the computer says that power is at 0% and its been plugged on for several hours. I can get music on the device, but it wont turn on so I can play it and the power is so low that the firmware wont update. Please, if anyone can help, I would be grateful

SanDisk Senior User

Re: Charging problems

Try a wall or car charger.  Also give it time (5 to 10 minutes) when it is connected to a computer. 

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Sounds like your player may have hung up- try holding the power button depressed for 30 seconds, then release.  See if it will then start normally.

If you are trying to connect to a PC, perhaps MSC mode will be your option.  If the device is trying to establish communications, it will not charge properly.

Here's the process to force MSC mode on your player:

Sansa Fuze+
1. Turn device OFF.
2. Press and hold Volume Down button.
3. Connect device to PC while holding Volume Down button.
4. Once the Fuze+ connects in MSC mode release Volume Down button.

Bob Smiley Tongue

Re: Charging problems, usb problem

Just purchased a Sansa Fuse+ 16G, When I plug into the USB screen indicates connected. It will be OK for 1 minute or so, then the screen goes dark and I loose the USB port (Fuse icone gone from media player). If I pull the cable & wait 20 sec or so, then reconect, the Fuse+ comes back to life. I have bone the firmware upgrade but it did not fix the problem. Some one on another page said to try holding the Volume down, it did not work. I am trying to set the SLEEP & powersaver to 120 minutes. It lasted 3 minutes then went down. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Maintman, my fuze+ are doing exactly the same tha yours! I can't charge it.

If you find a solution, please let me know. If I found one, I will post here.

Regards

Solved, there was a cable problem, maybe bad quality. The cable is able to charge the fuze when it is partially charged but not when the battery is completely discharged, I changed the cable with another of good quality and the fuze+ are charging whitout shutting down.

I'm having a similar problem. My Fuze+ has been charging for the better part of 6 hours now, but the only screen it displays says "Connected" and every time I take it off the cord the screen goes completely blank. The battery icon appears to indicate a full charge, but like I said I can't take the player off the cord.

I've updated the firmware and tried pressing the on-off switch for everything from .5 seconds to upwards of 2 minutes. I've also tried the volume button trick someone mentioned earlier, but so far I haven't had any luck. What other options do I have?

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

If there is a problem with your battery, the Fuze+ will discontinue charging, as in the case of a failed battery.

Symptoms of this condition are a "Critically Low" message when plugging in to a Windows 7 PC (device stage view), and you will see a full green battery indicator on the Fuze+ when plugged in, with a lightning bolt icon at the center of the battery icon.  Confirmation of a failed battery will be if the Fuze+ immediately goes blank upon disconnect, and will not power up.

In this case, I'm afraid it's a bad battery (the charge indicator does not "roll" while plugged in).  Contact SanDisk Support at 1-866-SANDISK for warranty assistance.

Bob  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk User

If the computer is desktop then use a port in the back, not the front. Front ports may not provide enough power.

[quote]Symptoms of this condition are a "Critically Low" message when plugging in to a Windows 7 PC (device stage view), and you will see a full green battery indicator on the Fuze+ when plugged in, with a lightning bolt icon at the center of the battery icon.  Confirmation of a failed battery will be if the Fuze+ immediately goes blank upon disconnect, and will not power up.[/quote]

Are you saying that if when connected the battery indicator is green and a lightnign bolt shows, that it means the battery is bad?

I assumed that meant the battery was fully charged, as that is the only indicator I have had from new.  When plugged into the computer the green scrolling on the battery indicator has taken place for hours, followed eventually by the lightning bolt.

Hopefully I can get a replacement if the battery is defective, I haven't used it that much (maybe 25 times) since I bought it in July.