Battery draining

I have had my clip for about 2-3 years and am very happy with it; but recently I charge it fully and it drains when it is powered off.  I have formatted it; ran firmware and reset still same problem.  Does anyone know anything else I can do or am I gonna have to buy a new one :cry: or can I replace the battery

Thanks

Your post is in the wrong forum. This is the forum for the new Clip Zip. After a few years of regular use, the battery in a Clip, clip+, or Clip Zip will wear out. While it is possible to change the battery, it is not easy to open the player without damaging it, and it is not so easy to find a decent capacity battery that will fit in it for a low price(perhaps you might need to order it from China), and not easy to solder the battery in place. I suggest that you replace the player. The good news is that if you are in the US, Radio Shack is selling the 4GB Clip+(the model after your Clip which has an SDHC card slot) for just $30 this week. Even if you could change the battery in your Clip, the effort will be more than $30 of your time, and you also have to track down a replacement battery, pay for it, and risk breaking the player while installing it. You will also need a small soldering iron, and to be skilled in soldering. Besides which, after around 3 years of regular use the buttons may be very worn, and some of the other components in the player might break soon enough. I read about a few people who changed the battery as a challenge to see if they could do it, however the value of time involved and the cost of the replacement battery exceeded the price of a replacement player.