Average running time of the battery

Does anybody know what the average battery life of the clip zip is. Mine is now 4 years and I’m charging about 2 x a week. Thank you in advance.

The Clip Zip has battery life rated as 15 hours playing 128kbps mp3 files when the player is new.That is using relatively efficient earphones, and choosing play all, and letting the player play untouched until it stops. If you press buttons often the play time will be less. If your player’s battery  has plenty of wear the play time will be less. If you use a higher bitrate or a format other than mp3 with the Sandisk firmware, play time will be less. My 6+ year old Clip+ is down to around 3 or 4 hours of play time. It has had extensive usage, so I can’t complain. I just don’t feel like retiring it yet. Perhaps when play time gets under 2 hours it will be retired.

If you are getting over 7 hours of battery life with typical usage from your 4 year old Clip Zip(assuming you were using it for 4 years) you are doing well.

I’m lucky that I can wear mine at work so I use it 5 days/ 8 hrs. It is approx 2 yrs old. Have been having to re charge after 2 hrs lately .No album art, min everything.  I noticed last night after charging  for 5 hrs at home, screen battery indicator was showing full but under system settings, info power was at 77%.  I would appreciate any and all help.

@pdicox wrote:

I’m lucky that I can wear mine at work so I use it 5 days/ 8 hrs. It is approx 2 yrs old. Have been having to re charge after 2 hrs lately .No album art, min everything.  I noticed last night after charging  for 5 hrs at home, screen battery indicator was showing full but under system settings, info power was at 77%.  I would appreciate any and all help.

With that heavy usage after 2 years, I’d say your battery is wearing out.

Not what I wanted to hear…so, it is basically disposible?  What is the newest MP3 to purchase?

The newest Sandisk player is the Clip Jam. It is listed as having 18 hours of battery life. The Sandisk Clip Sport is listed as having 24 hours of battery life, and has a larger display than the Clip Jam.  The Clip Jam and Clip Sport though keep the internal memory and card memory in separate databases. These databases are each limited to 2,000 songs. An 8GB Clip Sport is only around $37 on Amazon, while a 4GB one is around $32. 

An 8GB Clip Jam is only around $31 on Amazon. 

If you want to get a discontinued Clip+ or Clip Zip, prices on Ebay tend to be higher, especially for new ones.

Thanks for the info.

please tell me which players are compatable with Rhapsody?