Apple Lossless Format

Will the Fuze+ be able to read Apple Lossless format ?

Correct me if im wrong, Apple Lossless is on m4a format right? m4a is not supported by the Fuze+

Audio formats supported by the Fuze+: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, Audible, Podcasts

@jamieson wrote:

Correct me if im wrong, Apple Lossless is on m4a format right? m4a is not supported by the Fuze+

Audio formats supported by the Fuze+: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC, Audible, Podcasts

m4a is just the container, not the file.  The fuze+ does indeed support m4a, providing the files contained are of the AAC variety.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@jamieson wrote:

m4a is just the container, not the file.  The fuze+ does indeed support m4a, providing the files contained are of the AAC variety.

So the Apple Lossless will work with Fuze+? I believe the only lossless that will work with Sansa newer models such as the Fuze and Clip+ will have to be on FLAC.

@jamieson wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@jamieson wrote:

So the Apple Lossless will work with Fuze+? I believe the only lossless that will work with Sansa newer models such as the Fuze and Clip+ will have to be on FLAC.

I never said that the fuze+ supported the ALAC format.  Re-read my post.  I said that the fuze+ supports AAC files contained in the m4a container.