Annoying Rhapsody Problem

Compared against earlier Sansas, the Clip+ and Fuze+ are very fast with the Rhapsody service.  My old and trusty workhorse, the e200 , has a special relationship with the Rhapsody client.

The client plays possum while the e200 mind melds with it for a little while.  Completely refreshing the Rhapsody Channels and updating is a task best done while I do something constructive and diverting, like a chapter of War and Peace, installing a cylinder head, or troubleshooting a dead server perhaps.  In contrast, I can plug in the Fuze while brewing a pot of coffee, it seems.

I’ll open Rhapsody…let’s do this while I pen this post…

Okay, I have Rhapsody 4 build 5.337 on this machine.  Go to Help > About and see what your build version might be.  Mine may indeed be a different version, as this particular one is related to the previous Best Buy build, but I reinstalled over the top of that when RealNetworks went through its “split” from BB a while back, then went to the latest as they found more mobile customers.  Rhapsody is a renewed animal as of late.

Regarding playlists, we run into a separate issue, with the Fuze+.  Playlists have been shown to slow the device a bit, in particular,if you have a big GoList built.  Since you’ve formatted yours, this shouldn’t be a major issue.

With several playlists loaded on my testbed here, the Fuze+ is sailing on just fine.  Try loading, say, three complete albums, by dragging them over to the device, and see how the load goes.  Sometimes, folks will try loading a big group, totaling hundreds if tracks; this can cause issues at times.

Let me know how a transfer of a few albums goes.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: