AA or AAA powered MP3 players

Hi.  Does anyone know if there are any AA or AAA battery powered MP3 players currently available? 

I’m looking for something I can use when I’m several days walk from anything. 

I’ve tried a solar charger for my current Sansa player, but that wasn’t very successful. 

I’ve tried an external battery charger, but that removed all the songs from my player. 

As I will have other battery powered items (torch etc) with me, I will always have batteries available to swap around. 

I won’t have cell phones or lap tops / notepads etc to use as a recharging agent. 

An alternative would be a simple way of recharging my current MP3 player (Sansa Sandisk View).

Any suggestions??  (Other than not going into places several days walk from civilisation).

Thanks  AlanTB

Well, it’s a very specific forum to ask about this and may be the wrong one. Sandisk (as far as I know) never produced a AA/AAA based players. I used to have a Cowon G3 which did use a AA battery and was great, though somewhat expensive and a little fragile. Nowdays, you’ll have to look into cheap chinese players as they’re the only ones that offer this capability any more.

Cheers!

@mulderfox wrote:

Well, it’s a very specific forum to ask about this and may be the wrong one. Sandisk (as far as I know) never produced a AA/AAA based players. I used to have a Cowon G3 which did use a AA battery and was great, though somewhat expensive and a little fragile. Nowdays, you’ll have to look into cheap chinese players as they’re the only ones that offer this capability any more.

The old “M” series player by SanDisk and their more recent SlotRadio and SlotMusic players were powered by AAA or AA batteries. They are all old and discontinued though.

you could use one of these:I have one and it works well

NEEWER Portable AA Battery Powered Emergency Charger with Flashlight - Black - For Anything Powered Via USB

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Battery-Powered-Emergency-Flashlight/dp/B003ZUPDR2/ref=pd_sim_cps_5

I am on this forum for the same reason, that is I use battery powered mp3 players.  My need are a little more spealized, I need players that will play audible.com files.  I have a old Sandisk SDMX-1 512R.  I am looking for another as I wear them out often.

I also use a Creative MUVO CREATIVE MUVO TX FM 256 MB  it also runs on a single AAA battery and it also plays audible files.  I find them on ebay.

If you would like to contct me I can be reached at myhilo@yahoo.com

There was some AAA powered MP3 players & I still have one, 1 GB capacity.  It is a c100 series, and work with one AAA battery. 

No idea where you could find one, pherhaps at e-bay.

Regards

Carlos

I beg to differ, I have an old SanDisk MP# player that I bought before I went on vaction to Asia. I wnted something that I did not need to charge. Still works, It also has an F/M radio. I guess I bought it around 2006.