A few questions to express owners!!! please look!

1. Yeah.  There are three classes of problems:  a) Bricking the player, b) bricking the player in connection with memory cards, and c) annoyances.   If you get a bricked player, take it back and exchange it.  I don’t think the problems are as widespread as you’d think examining this forum.  If you stick with Sandisk memory cards, you won’t run into b) ever.  That leaves c).  Not having a real “random” feature ■■■■■.  Not having a true bookmarking ability ■■■■■.  But then, with the shuffle, paying $20-30 more and not getting a screen is annoying too.  Having to sync with special cables and software is kind of annoying.  I have a feeling most of the express’s annoyances can be fixed and will be fixed in firmware.  The other players have limitations due to their hardware.

2)  No, but it did fix many other issues, and added features such as a charging status indicator, etc.

3)  Yes.  You can’t use itunes with the express without converting your library from MP4, but it is easy.  I did my whole library in a few minutes.

4)  The express has been out about five months and there has been four firmware updates.  They can do better, but they are doing alright.