8GB Fuze+ DOA

I recently bought one from BestBuy, and when I connect the USB/charger, it recognizes the connection.  But the computer says 0 charge, and it will not turn on, even while remaining connected.

Is it FUBAR?

Just leave it connected for about 3 hours. It should charge. Also there’s a new firmware for the fuze+ which will be release soon which will fix that problem with power.

Thanks, I’ll try that.  The computer I’m using is a net book with a very aggressive power management protocol, so it hibernates at the least sign of inactivity. I wonder if that interferes with the charging cycle?

Also, if the unit won’t power up, can I still update the firmware?

Curious how you know about new firmware release.  I wonder how soon “soon” is.

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

Curious how you know about new firmware release.   I wonder how soon “soon” is.

Given the number of problems and complaints, there’s got to be. :wink:

Well, I reset the power protocol on my netbook, and left it on for 6-8 hours, but no luck at all.  The battery indicator glows green and does not blink (a sign that the battery is fully charged, right?), but the dialog box on the computer says 0% charge, and the unit is dead as a door nail.

Again, is there any way to update firmware if the unit is not capable of running on its own?

@tapeworm wrote:

Given the number of problems and complaints, there’s got to be. :wink:

Makes me wonder if SanDisk will step up and make things right for all us unhappy owners.  If I can’t get this unit working, and get no satisfaction, I’m not going to be enthusiastic about buying SanDisk products in the future.  I had some problems with a Canon digital cam a few years back, and Canon did a massive recall/refurbish program.  Cost them a pretty penny, but I’ve bought 4-5 Canon cameras thereafter.

I had a problem for about a week where mine never seemed to charge even when plugged in.

I “reset it” even though I never quite understood the process.  I think I held the volume down button while holding the power button for several seconds…perhaps 30?  Someone chime in if I’m talking nonsense.

Anyway, following my advice won’t hurt the player, so try that.

If the device will not start on its own after charging, it may have a hardware issue.  You can contact Support at 1-866-SanDisk for direct assistance!

microsansa

I’ll try both those suggestions.  Thanks!

reset is holding the power button down for about 30 seconds. after that try connecting it and letting it charge. there is a known issue where the player will do this if the battery gets too low. it should turn on the lcd and start charging within an hour. if not it is likely a hardware issue so you would need to contact sandisk support. 

@drlucky wrote:

reset is holding the power button down for about 30 seconds. after that try connecting it and letting it charge. there is a known issue where the player will do this if the battery gets too low. it should turn on the lcd and start charging within an hour. if not it is likely a hardware issue so you would need to contact sandisk support. 

Will try that.  Thanks!