30 pin bad on e280?

As far as getting it serviced or professionally repaired, the answer is no. The labor costs, even it it were possible would be prohibitive and cost several times what the player is worth.

As far as doiing it yourself? I doubt that would be possible either, since each one of those 30 pins connect to a connector inside and are really, really small.

You can get to it however; there are the 4 small screws holding the back plate on. After removing this and the battery you will see 4 more small screws inside. These hold the front plate onto the skeletal frame around the circuit board.

You can see the 30-pin port on the left in the picture here:

These guys are built like the proverbial Sherman tank and are still my favorite mp3 player. I have several and one still sees use a few times a week, but eventually everything must die. I believe yours has said Adios muchacho.

You might be able to find a unit that works good but is scratched up on eBay to where between the two you can cobble together a working one and keep your long-time friend at your side. They’re worth the time and effort.

:smiley: