Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: 2GB microSD not responding

I haven't had this problem, but I don't have a Kingston card, so that doesn't count.  I'm curious, though.  What if you use the Sansa Firmware Updater to change the region and load the PacRim/Asia firmware?  You get the region drop-down if you click on the updater icon and select "Check for Updates Now".  There may be no way to roll back, but you can try overwriting regions and see if that works for now.  Maybe the American firmware just didn't load right.....
* Signature capacity excee...
Highlighted

Same problem here. No response from sandisk
Highlighted

Same here, I'm from Brazil, and my friend gave to me a sansa express 2 months ago. Now the computer says it's in mtp mode, and don't turn on.

I think it's hard to belive that sandisk replace my sansaexpress
Highlighted

As I stated in a previous post, I have both a Kingston card and a 128mb SanDisk card, and I'm getting the same error on both. You suggested trying the PacRim/Asia update which is what SanDisk also suggested, however, I have downloaded, installed, uninstalled,reinstalled 3 times and clicking update now doesn't give me any options to change the region. After clicking update now, it gives a dialogue box stating the firmware it's detected and an option to cancel or continue. Selecting continue just says that my firmware is up to date which is 1.01.01.
Highlighted

I received a reply from SanDisk. they were originally going to email me the older version of firmware, but later responded back that it was for internal use only and they weren't allowed to send it out. The good news (maybe?) is that they are having problems with Kingston and PNY cards as well as some SanDisk so thier firmware coders are working to resolve this in the next update..whenever that may be. At least it's acknowledged and someone is supposedly doing something.  
Highlighted

Is there any further word on getting the firmware corrected? Stupid me updated on Tuesday without reading the forums and now my 2 GB Kingston microSD doesn't work, either. I tried the trick of formatting as FAT16, but it still doesn't work.
Highlighted

I also have a 2GB memory card that is no longer recognized after upgrading to the latest firmware.  Its very strange, when I insert the card not only is it not recognized as memory but the whole user interface is very slow and buggy while the card is in the player.  I spoke to sandisk technical support today and they told me to send it back to the seller for an exchange.  I'm trying to reformat the memory card to see if that makes it work, but I'm having no luck.
Highlighted

How are we supposed to return when I'm way past 14, 30 or even 60 days from when I bought it. That is unacceptable. Sandisk's firmware broke it; I expect them to fix it. I work as a software architect in the software business, and I would be "strongly" told to fix it or get out of the way so someone can fix it. I expect nothing less from Sandisk.
Highlighted

Same here....  Kingston CD-C02G 2GM Micro SD card no longer visible under Windows XP Pro.

Although it does run through the Building Database progress bar for a period of time then it continues to function.

System Info does not show any information regarding the SD card,  and my UI is slower than I can manage to look at!

Anyone see a warning stating that your internal flash would be erased as a result of the Firmware update?  I saw NO LARGE warning telling me to back up my data before upgrading the Firmware....

That was very poor SanDisk... Wow...  I really liked my Sansa Express...  But over this deal....  You have forever lost one customer.  Why waste my money on a company that willingly does this to their customers?  Almost makes me sick thinking about it.....
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Monsoon,

It does warn you.  I canceled the FW upgrade and backed up all my music first, then I updated then copied it back. I upgraded mine last night to see what the commotion was all about.  My SanDisk 128mb MicroSD is still being recoginzed by the PC and Express.  With the card inserted, i dont seem to notice any slowdown.  Menu navigation is normal.

What is the FW you guys got?  I have 1.01.01A