2 bugs on Fuze+ related to FLAC

Got my Fuze+ last night at Best Buy and it’s a great MP3 player. I did however encounter two very annoying bugs that if not fix might make me return in within the 30 day return window

1. Cover art is not showing up on the FLAC files. I don’t know whether this is a bug or by design. The only reason I went with Fuze+ is that it supports FLAC which is what 90% of my music is in since I am a DJ and if it is by design then I am going to have to look for alternatives.

2: For some reason the player is not reading the Artist tag correctly in FLAC files. For example for artist TyDi on the playlist it says RTIST=TyDi

I hope someone from SanDisk can reply to this.

Thank you.

ask/email them directly  heres the link http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/ . 

DemoBetaTester

@djalik wrote:

Got my Fuze+ last night at Best Buy and it’s a great MP3 player. I did however encounter two very annoying bugs that if not fix might make me return in within the 30 day return window

1. Cover art is not showing up on the FLAC files. I don’t know whether this is a bug or by design. The only reason I went with Fuze+ is that it supports FLAC which is what 90% of my music is in since I am a DJ and if it is by design then I am going to have to look for alternatives.

2: For some reason the player is not reading the Artist tag correctly in FLAC files. For example for artist TyDi on the playlist it says RTIST=TyDi

1. A solution is probably here.

2. Heard this happened on the original Fuze as well. Guess it was 1 thing that slipped through the cracks for the new platform. It might be corrected in a future firmware update.

It’ll most likely be fixed in a firmware update.   The fuze plays and displays FLAC info with no problem, including the album art, so it stands to reason that these bugs will be corrected in future firmware updates.

Alright so putting the folder.jpg directly in the correct folder on Fuze+ worked in some cases but not the others. Is there some specific specs for this file. Both of the files were 240x240 jpg

@djalik wrote:

Alright so putting the folder.jpg directly in the correct folder on Fuze+ worked in some cases but not the others. Is there some specific specs for this file. Both of the files were 240x240 jpg

As long as your image file is plain 'ol ordinary .jpg format, you should be OK. There are enhanced, or progressive jpgs that won’t work, but all the ones I’ve downloaded off the net have been the standard ones. The size you quoted is fine.

Ok I have 2 more weeks before my return policy runs out. Hoping a firmware update will come soon.

I was able to resolve the cover art issue. If I transfer FLACs using Winamp embedded cover art works.

For the tags it’s still not working. Most of my FLACs say RTIST=   for the artist name. Very annoying!

I also found other bug that is driving me crazy. 1. Whenever I turn the player on with the microSD card already inserted it gives me a message that there is an unsupported file format. I have to eject and reinsert the microSD to make it working.

@djalik wrote:

Ok I have 2 more weeks before my return policy runs out. Hoping a firmware update will come soon.

There was just one that came out after the release of the unit itself. I’d be willing to bet money your return window runs out before the next one. Not that the issues you mention won’t be fixed . . . but I doubt it’s going to happen within 2 weeks.

I fixed the artist problem by adding a BAND  and ALBUM ARTIST tags with Mp3tag. As for the album art, I have yet to figure it out.

@mike11930 wrote:

I fixed the artist problem by adding a BAND  and ALBUM ARTIST tags with Mp3tag. As for the album art, I have yet to figure it out.

You can embed the album art into the ID3 tag of the file easily with MP3Tag. Here’s how.