my sandisk cruzer glide 8gb flash drive has write protection some how

I have seen on google the term low level format and I am wondering if there are any low level format tool’s/software I can be directed to that will work for a samsung cruzer glide with 8gb capacity?..I tried finding other software on google but the software was brand specific and only for that brand’s flash drive’s…in my case I will not need the data on the flash drive I just need to get the write protection off hopefully and format to fat32 so I can use it help?

:smiley:   Hi mill1rbt2,

_ Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome. _

I assume that you’ve tried the UFD, in other PCs
If you have “write protected” , the solution is very simple: return it, and ready.
Do not grieve more, friend. See the link: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

If you are interested in the topic, look at the following article:
http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HELP-how-do-i-reomove-write-protected-message-from-my-16gb-flash/m-p/323924#M8925

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                             (Google translated)

If you Google for “site:SanDisk.com write protect” you will find many postings telling how to resolve the problem.  :wink:

It look’s like a bad write protect or something I tried the software usbwriteprotect.exe and tried to take the write protection off but the drive continue’s to fight with write protection…I hope I can get another one some how…I have only had it for pretty much a year…I will take it to the place I bought it thank’s.

:wink:   Hi all,

Okey, muy buena idea…

Me puse a buscar, exhaustivamente, en diversos “Googles”, como:
SanDisk / search, Google / Alemán, Google / Ruso, Google / Chino, Google / Ganímedes, Google / Fenicio, Google / Cartaginés, Google / Griego, etc.

Aprendí un montón, y separo las ideas teóricas, de las experimentales.
Algunas búsquedas, se dirigen más a la “protección” y otras a la “escritura”.

1- Muchas ideas teóricas

Múltiples opiniones,y en diversos idiomas y dialectos, como ser:

Gruñidos, gemidos, lamentos, aullidos, relinchos, rebuznos, maullidos, ladridos, graznidos, bufidos, rugidos, patadas, grititos, susurros, pío píos, silbidos, cuac cuacs, mugidos…

2- Experimentos

2.1- Esto lo dijo un tal Euclides, del Google / Griego:
Que hay que sumergir la UFD, en la bañera, y medir el volumen de agua expulsada, para saber, si ese volumen, es igual al del “Chip”, entonces tendremos escrito Eureka en el fondo de la bañera y todas las demás “Escrituras”.

2.2- En el Google / Vaticano, dicen que lo más importante, es que la “Protección de las Escrituras”, sea “Eterna”, así, que hay que dejar la UFD, como está, pues es un “milagro” del Señor (…Bill Gates).

2.3- En el Google / Cartaginés, (dijo un tal Aníbal), que lo más conveniente, es que la UFD sea pisada por un elefante, así se le rompe la “protección”, como al soldado romano.

Bueno, y así… nadie se quedó sin opinar (y… es cómo el fútbol…).

2.4- Otro (un tal Galileo) dijo, que hay que dejarla caer, desde la Torre y Pisarla, para que la aceleración del “Chip” sea igual a la del driver, y entonces “e pour si muove”.

2.5- Un tal Newton, dijo que la “protección”, disminuye, en función inversa y proporcional al cuadrado de la “escritura”, si tenemos en cuenta, que si la ponemos, en una manzana y la tiramos desde un lugar suficientemente alto, (como la luna), en el “limite”, la UFD queda sin “protección”.

2.6- Dijo un alemán (un tal Einstein), que era muy sencillo, pues todo lo que había que hacer era someter a la UFD, a una gran aceleración, y que cuando tenga una velocidad “C”, la “protección de escritura”, tendería a un límite cero… y también dijo, que a más “protección”  menos “escritura”, pues están en proporción inversa, en un “Sistema Inercial” para cualquier observador del Forum, que no se encuentre distraído.

2.7- También leí, que la causa era, que los electrones obesos, no pueden pasar, con suficiente velocidad, por las “escrituras” delgadas, pues hay un “efecto de juntura” en el semiconductor del “Chip” y el “electrón no entra en la laguna”, luego, hay que poner  por un mes, la UFD en el congelador. Entonces, los electrones adelgazan, y se quita la “protección”.

Y bueno… mi abuela, y tres de sus amigas, también tienen su opinión formada, en este tema… por supuesto…
2.8- Dicen, que todos (y todas), los que “están perdiendo el tiempo con la PC, en vez de hacer cosas serias”… tienen que tener mucho cuidado, y no andar sin “protección”, pues sino, después van a tener, muchas, pero muchas “escrituras” y malwares… Ajá…

Disfrutar!

Saludos, Alfred.

-------------------------

:wink:   Hi all,

Okay, very good idea…

I searched exhaustively in various “Googles” as:
SanDisk / search, Google / German Google / Russian Google / Chinese, Google / Ganymede, Google / Phoenician, Google / Carthaginian, Google / Greek etc.

I learned a lot, and I separate the theoretical ideas, of the experimental.
Some searches are more aimed at the “protection” and others “writing”.

1- A lot of theoretical ideas

Multiple views, and in various languages and dialects, such as:

Grunts, groans, wailing, howls, neighing, brayings, meows, barks, cackles, snorts, roars, kicking, screaming, moans, whispers, tweet peeps, whistles, bellows, mooing …

2- Experiments

2.1- This is such a Euclid said, the Google / Greek:
What to immerse the UFD in the bathtub, and measure the volume of water expelled, to know, if that volume is equal to the “Chip”, then we have “written” Eureka, at the bottom of the bathtub and all the other “writing”.

2.2- In the Google / Vatican:

Say the most important thing is that the “Protection of the writing” , is “Eternal” , so you have to leave the UFD, as it is, it is a “miracle” of the Lord (Bill Gates…).

2.3- In the Google / Carthaginian, (said a certain Hannibal), that the best thing is that it UFD trampled by an elephant, so he breaks the “protection” as the Roman soldier.

Well, so… nobody was left without comment (and… how football is…).

2.4- Other (a certain Galileo) said, you have to drop it, from the Tower, and Step to the acceleration of “Chip” is equal to the driver, and then “e pour si muove”.

2.5- A certain Newton, said the “protection” , decreases inversely proportional to the square of the function “write” , when you consider that if we put in an apple, and throw it from a high enough place, (like the moon), in the “limit” the UFD run out of “protection”.

2.6- Said a German (such an Einstein), it was very easy, because all you had to do was submit the UFD, a large acceleration, and when you have a speed “C”, the “write protect” would tend to zero limit, and also said that more “protection” , less “writing”, as they are in inverse proportion, an “Inertial System” to any observer of the Forum, who is not distracted.

2.7- I also read that the cause was, that obese electrons, can not pass, with enough speed for thin “writing” , as there is an “effect of joint” on semiconductor “Chip” and “electron does not enters in the lagoon”, then you have to put, for a month, the UFD in the freezer. Then, the electrons slim, and “protection” is removed.

Well… my grandmother and three of her friends, also have a formed opinion on this subject… Of course
2.8- They say that all (and all), that “are wasting their time with the PC, instead of doing serious things”… have to be very careful, and not go without “protection” , for if they will not have, many but many _ "write" and malwares_… Aha…

Enjoy!

Regards, Alfred.                                                          (Google translate)

1 Like

i have 16gb pen drive and every time it shows write protected.

:smiley:   Hi KiraKumar20,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please do not grieve friend.
To narrow down the issue, try the pendrive in other computers.
If still giving “write protection”, is that he died, ist kaputt…
Can return it, check the warranty, and see: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HELP-how-do-i-reomove-write-protected-mess…

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                   (Google translated)

:smiley:   Hi KiranKumar20,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please do not grieve friend.
To narrow down the issue, try the pendrive in other computers.
If still giving “write protection”, is that he died, ist kaputt…
Can return it, check the warranty, and see: http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/HELP-how-do-i-reomove-write-protected-mess…

Luck.

Regards, Alfred.                                   (Google translated)