i want to buy a new flash drive, help me choose please :(

Hello guys !!! :)))

I’m looking to buy a new flash drive, i transfer many files and files that are over the 4GB limitation of fat32

I liked the Sandisk Extreme 64GB, but I researched and apparently has two versions, one that reads 190MB/s and writes 170MB/s… and another that reads 245MB/s and writes 190MB/s…
i want the 245MB/s one, 55MB/s in difference between the “two versions”
I do not know if it can be a fake drive *the 170MB/s  one", but these speeds are written in the very packaging, and the products are the same …

And another thing, 64GB’s flash drives is already formatted in exFAT, correct?

Anyways, thanks guys, and sorry for my bad english, im from south america.

Hello,

i dont think that the slower version is fake but just an older model of the drive that was produced before. so in that case you can just buy the one drive that mentions the speed on the package

also all the drives that are over 32gb are formatted on ExFat.

Thank you for the fast answer, i’ll buy the one that mentions 245MB/s read and 190MB’s write…

Also, i saw a lot of ppl complaining about losing performance when formating the drives…

what if i need to format at some point? 

Hello,

its always recommended to format the drive after some usage in order to keep up the performance of the drive and the durability. in that case for the formatting options you can select the standard formatting options with ExFat.

Thank you very much!

Why not NTFS? You woould be having issues if you’re working with huge files in the future though if it’s not formatted to NTFS.

Why not NTFS? You woould be having issues if you’re working with huge files in the future though if it’s not formatted to NTFS.

1. NTFS wasn’t designed for USB flash drives.

2. NTFS has journaling which adds overhead to USB flash drive processing.

3. exFAT doesn’t have journaling.

4. exFAT will support large files. It has a file size limit of 16 Exabytes.