can't boot a Mint Cin 17.1 live Sandisk Ultra Fit 3.0 32GB

Hi,

I am having a similar issue with booting Linux on SanDisk Ultra Fit 32 GB. In January, I first bought a single such USB drive and I have installed Linux on it like on usual disk. I could boot it without issues, the product code of that drive was BM141 0 24848V.

However, two weeks after that, I bought a set of 15 such drives, but the product code was BM141 2 24848V this time. I can’t boot Linux - during the boot procedure it essentially hangs as it’s not able to find the USB drive and I get stuck with the “initramfs” prompt. However, I have discovered a workaround: simply unplug the drive, wait 2 seconds and replug it into the computer. Now type “exit” and press ENTER. The system should continue booting.

I have just bought another such USB drive, with yet another product number (this time from a different reseller): BM150 2 24846D. This one also has the same booting issue. I need these drives for a workshop, so I have 3 more weeks to either make it work or simply buy something else. I’d hate to do this as these really look sexy and are very fast.

Regards,

Nejc

1 Like