Write Proection - tried REGEDIT & HKEY methods.

Hello, everyone.

As you can see in my title, my SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive 32 GB USB 2.0 has suddenly developed write protection, and I have tried the REGEDIT and the HKEY methods to try and fix this issue. Is there anything else I can try, or is my USB now dead?

Cheers!

1 Like

If this can’t be fixed, can someone please give me a few pointers as to how I can protect future USB devices against this issue coming up?

Thanks.

the drive will lock itself in write protected if the controller detects an issue with the memory to prevent data loss. contact sandisk support to check the status of your warranty. the drive will need to be replaced. 

Thank you very much for the reply. However, I ordered it from Amazon quite some time ago so I doubt I will be able to replace it for free.

With that being said, is there a way to reduce the risk of write protection occurring in future USB devices? Any help would be appreciated , regardless of how insignificant you may think it is. :slight_smile:

@dandelion wrote:

Thank you very much for the reply. However, I ordered it from Amazon quite some time ago so I doubt I will be able to replace it for free.

Not through Amazon, as their return window is long closed. But you still have the 2 year mfg. (SanDisk) warranty. Contact them directly as drlucky advised.