Highlighted

Re: Ultra Fit USB 3.0: Excessive Heat

I believe you will find that it isn't poor design, but rather that the Ultra Fit are USB 3.0, whereas the Cruiser Fit is only 2.0.  USB 3.0 uses more power, but it still doesn't seem as if they should get that hot.  I have the same problem, and perhaps it is a design flaw, but we can't compare it with the Cruiser Fit, because one of almost 10-times faster in file transfer speed than the other.

Re: Ultra Fit USB 3.0: Excessive Heat

I recently bought one SanDisk Ultra 128 GB dual OTG Flash drive, with a C type connector on one side & a standard USB connector on the other side. It's capable of USB 3.0 speed.

When connected to my Samsung S8 mobile using its type C connector, the flash drive was getting very hot within a short time. I use it to play music (wav files) & it started to heat up even before the first song ends. By 10 minutes, it used to become so hot that I could not touch it without being burnt.

So, I returned it & got a new one but again the same problem.

This time, I connected to the mobile using the standard USB connector on the flash drive & a type C adapter that came with the Samsung S8. Lo & behold, there was absolutely no heating problem whatsoever even after playing for hours.

Does this mean that the problem is with the C connector?

Users of this flash drive, please give me your feedback.