Ultra Fit USB 3.0: Excessive Heat

Can anyone verify for me if there is any potential for this drive to damage USB ports?

We purchased (6) 64 gb drives to transfer data from our inspection trucks to our office computer daily.  The amount of data varies from 500 mb to 20 gb daily per drive.  The data is mostly wmv, jpeg, pdf, and mdb files.

We noticed immediately the heat issue and weren’t initially concerned, because who really cares if it just gets hot.  However, we did become concerned when nearly every USB port these drives have been plugged into have failed.  

The computers are all relatively new, I7 @ 4.0 ghz, 16gb Ram, 64 bit Windows 7.

The USB ports have failed to the point that the computer doesn’t even recognize when something is plugged in, it dings, but nothing else happens.  

If I plug one of these Ultra Fits into a working USB port, a message appears telling me that this drive has issues and must be scanned (which always results in nothing).

Can anyone tell me what the hell is wrong with these things?  Do I need to throw them in the trash where they belong?  Or will Sandisk replace them with units that don’t ■■■■?  

To be honest, I’m leaning towards trashing them, I have had more customers complain about the reports we deliver on Sandisk drives than any other brand…