Ultra Fit 32 GB USB 3.0 - not working, excessively hot & now my USB 3.0 ports don't work anymore!

@zlorf

I also tried plugging in my Western Digital external hard drive, which is known to be working (i use it daily) to the USB 3.0 ports (as I always do) and it doesn’t work either. USB 2.0 is fine.

!!!  Something is wrong with your USB 3 port.  How your FIT could cause that I have no idea.  If you look at the contacts on the FIT do any appear to be bent?  Same check with the pc’s port, any bent?  USB 3 devices use a different contact configuration than USB 2 devices so that can explain why things work in USB 2 ports and not USB 3 ones but not how the FIT could damage a USB 3 port.

When you find out what happened please update us.

@n4hum

i would expect a proactive solution from sandisk to the affected users

How do you expect SanDisk to know you bought a device?  How do you expect SanDisk to know your name, your address, your email address? How do you expect SanDisk to know you are having a problem with the device?  How do you know you don’t have a conterfeit device?

us to do all the work!

All the work?  Completing the RMA form and mailing the device is a lot of work for you?

You are obviously having a problem, I don’t disagree.  The device should not be overheating.  But the solution is to r e t u r n it.  It is what you would do if you bought a bad pc, tv, phone, car, coat, etc.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5232/~/return-material-authorization-(rma)-process