USB Flash Drive showing up as LOCAL DISK

Well that’s the thing isn’t it? Even if it’s a ‘reputable source’, how are they supposed to know which USB drive is which? They could just innocently *shrug* and trade what I sent back for just another one in their stock without any better clue than anybody else on whether it’s defective or not. This clearly is time (and emotional investment) that I cannot waste. So I have had to go to one of SanDisk’s competitors. Hope the thing lasts long enough for me to get some good use out of it (SanDisk is particularly noted for its longevity and reliability). And hopefully when the time comes for me to buy a 256GB, all of the defective SanDisk stock will have been plied out to owners who don’t need the particular traits of a Removable USB disk. I’ll be reading a lot of reviews to find out as much as I can beforehand. Sad that SanDisk won’t simply come forward and straighten all of this out. I guess it would be just too embarrasing for them to acknowledge that they hedged their bets with yet another flopped Microsoft product, especially in light of the fact that no other manufacturer appears to have made the same goofball decision.