Ultra fit 32gig usb doesnt play in car

yes left the stick as it was and transferred the music over to it and no joy , the problem is the music plays at a weird high speed , stopping and starting , tried various different quality mp3’s and bit rates and still no joy, so did a bit of googling and found i wasn’t the only 1 so thought id do a bit of trial and error and different formats and used verbatim fat32 format program and hp format program , still no joy , tried different cluster sizes and still no joy , sat in the car with laptop trying different ways etc as really wanted to see if i could find a solution but accepted defeat in the end . ive ordered a aluminum strap for it now and will just use it on my keyring , there cheap as chips so no big deal just a shame. i think the size will appeal to alot of people who want to fit and leave them plugged into there car stereo’s

:smiley:   Hi Roger,

Please, can you answer the question, of the message N° 2, of a concise and clear manner?

Thanks.

Regards, Alfred.                                                     (Google Translated)

Hi there,

Guess what: I’m having the exact same problem with teh exact same USB stick… And I also bought 2 of these for my wife and myself.

In my wife’s Juke, it won’t even recognize the USB stick.

In my JVC autoradio, it plays the mp3 songs with crazy audio skipping and jumping to next song every few seconds: unusable.

I’ve also tried all kinds of formatting options with no luck. Even the standard FAT32 with 64k clusters doesn’t help with this Sandisk stick, although it’s always worked fine with other USB sticks in my cars.

Looks to me it’s some strange issue linked to the Sandisk hardware, maybe a power issue.

In case I find a solution, I’ll let you know. Please do the same if you find out a solution.

Thanks,

CHGR

:smiley:   Hi Chgr,

Dear member of SanDisk Community, welcome.

Please, check the manual of your device, in the specification section, the compatibility with USB 3.0 UFD, with exFAT, with maximum storage capacity, etc.

For more certainty and for other ideas, also you can send the question to the Support Team: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/

Luck, and then you tell us, what happened, please.

Regards, Alfred.                                                           (Google translated)

Hi

I have same problem, i buy a sdcz43-032g-g46 ultra fit 32gb and dont wort in my car too. I try with original format, try with FAT32, NTFS, and exFAT and none of them work. put only one song on it without folder and still doesent work, i have and old 16gb sandisk cruizer fit and it work fine with same music on it.

I have other flash drive Corsair go 32gb and works fine too.

If you found a solution to this problem i whant to know too.

Just for me, I’d check with the provider with your car audio. They will know which flash drive will be compatible. Or if you need to format it in a specific file system.

Hi,

Actually I gave up with the SanDisk Ultra Fit.

I bought another stick (Transcend JetFlash®710 USB 3.0 32GB) and it works fine in my car with my 2009 JVC unit.

The Transcend stick doesn’t work in my wife’s Nissan Juke built-in stereo even though it’s more recent than my JVC, but I was able to use an older 16GB stick that works there.

From what I’ve read elsewhere in forums and from the car documentation, it’s not a matter of incompatible specs or format, it’s just luck or no luck with the hardware. Car USB compatibility seems to be a rather tricky matter.

Thanks anyways.

CHGR

i was waiting for them to blame the car etc , so why is it i have about 4 or 5 different sticks most being sandisk and they all work , as i said amazon has others on it with same problem , sort it out sandisk , ford is a popular make so its not to hard to take one out to the staff car park and try . Every time i see these on hotukdeals or amazon etc im gonna post avoid if for car use

You should do that for all car ads also. :wink:

I’m wondering if this has to do with USB 3.0 specs.  I have read that they are not as nailed down as the USB 2.0 specs.  Thus a USB 3.0 device and a USB 3.0 port could be a bit out of sync in some cases and thus not work together.

I have exactly the same problem and it doesnt just skip through music on my car radio, it skips through music no matter what I plug the stick into - laptop, xbox, macbook, desktop, bluray player.  It skips through music. So by that reckoning its not my devices its a problem with the Pen drive.  I got this primarily to play music in my car.  It cant do that.  I’d like to know why

Many thanks. 

Based on those efforts dezzie I agree it’s something wrong with the USB drive.  A dirty/oxidized contact, a bent contact, which may or may not be fixable.  If fixable great, if not return the drive, either to where you bought it or to SanDisk would be my suggestion.

I’m afraid you are mistaken.  It is Sandisk’s fault.  If there drive doesn’t play in multiple vendors head units, then it’s their problem.  If the 2,0 version works fine, it’s their problem.  Because it is “suppoedly” backwards compatible.  Don’t blame the user.  Blame the source.

@ed_p wrote:

Based on those efforts dezzie I agree it’s something wrong with the USB drive.  A dirty/oxidized contact, a bent contact, which may or may not be fixable.  If fixable great, if not return the drive, either to where you bought it or to SanDisk would be my suggestion.

I ordered two from Amazon, and they both performaed the same.  Skipping thruout. Evewn if it is USB 3.0, it is supposed to be backwards compatible. I have a Lexar 64gb USB 3.0 that works fine.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem with Ultra Fit in Car Stereo?

Has anyone tried the Sandisk Cruzer Fit 2.0?

This is a really frustrating issue.

What does your Car Stereo manual say is the requirements for a USB drive? 

Ed P, I’m not even sure how you still have a job with anyone, let alone SanDisk. You are a horrible representative of the company.

I was brought to this thread because I’m having the same problem and the most you have to say is that it’s operater error. It’s ridiculous!

These are not random cases, it is across the board. I would like to think that you are acting independently and that SanDisk isn’t instructing you to deny, deny, deny. But then again, I guess it wouldn’t be surprising.

Is there a solution yet?

For what it’s worth, I think Sandisk is continuously finding a solution to this.

I have some what same problem playing songs in car usb stereo, but in my case the usb works ok for the very first time but if I change audio input option ( source button) to play radio or cd and then again want to play songs through usb drive it just hangs. The red led light is very bright when playing for the very first time but if I switch to radio or CD then again plays USB the led is very dim and it doesn’t play or hangs. IMO its something to do with power managment programe on ULTRA FIT USB which makes this hanging problem.

Officially not work on old car audio, only in modern versions. I recommended proceed to execute the official warranty and use version 2.0 for car audio.

same problem here.  2015 Pioneer head unit, USB skips like crazy.   trancend works fine, except that its huge and my usb port is on the front.  wish i could return this thing but i bought it a while back and just tried it out