U3 Windows 7 update now available!

Uh, not quite.  Might be time to pull down this whole thread.

Date of thread: 2010

Date of last posting: 2012

Date of your posting: 2015

Did you honestly think time was going to stand still?  Or everything on this board?

My U3 driver runs on Win 7 64-bit and on Win 8.1 64 bit but sometimes it it doesn’t.  I don’t know why and I suspect memory corruption somewhere by something.  But if I reboot U3 works fine.

I prepared for this update by removing encryption from the drive

Where did you see that as a requirement?  All I read is to disable password protection.

“Please DISABLE password protection” 

I believe Sandisk has “surrendered” on this matter, apparently no longer offers the update, and apparently no longer holds out hope that U3 software may be executed within the Win 7 64-bit operating system.

Yes, they did that in 2009 when they stopped manufacturing U3 drives.

A shame, because this was simple, intuitive, and elegant stoftware

I agree.

… And in case you are wondering whether I used the freeware suggested to uninstall all legacy USB drivers, the answer is “yes.”  Eighteen or twenty drivers were uninstalled in the process, and Windows 7 did install the USB driver for my flash drive from scratch.

I don’t know where you saw that suggested or by whom but IMO that was a very bad thing to do.  And as you found not helpful. 

But for now, I am using the flash drive only on XP SP 2 systems

You really need to keep up with technology.  Microsoft dropped support for XP in 2014, ie a year ago.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

If I find anything I will PM you. :wink: