Re: U3 Windows 7 update now available!

Cruzer Titanium 2GB worked great with Vista. When I moved to Windows 7 it no longer works. Repeated tries have resulted in absolutely zero support. Totally no solutions or offers to fix. Nice product.

Highlighted

I have an old Cruzer Micro 8Gb... worked with XP, worked with Vista, and works just fine with my new Windows 7

[ Edited ]

I dont speak english... sandisk sen dalga mı geçiyorsun milletle... güncellemeye anasayfadan girince hata veriyor güncellemiyor... güç bela güncelleme buluyoruz yine aynı hatayı veriyor... bu markadan flash bellek aldığıma pişmanım dedirttiniz be !!!!!

SanDisk Guru

I have a Memorex Mini flash drive that came with U3 version 1, 0, 5, 17 preinstalled.  It ran great on Win XP but now I need to upgrade for my new PC running Win7.  I go to the update site and download the updater to my XP computer and plug in the flash drive, but when I run the installer it says the flash drive isn't U3 compatible and I can't load the software onto it.  How do I get the program to recognize the drive is U3 compatible and install the updated version?

SanDisk Guru

You need to contact Memorex for support of their drives.  But I suspect they don't support U3 any longer and you won't be able to use your drive with Windows 7. 

IF your lucky your version of U3 will have the option to be Removed built in which will allow you to use the drive as an ordinary flash drive on Windows 7.  And I think if you don't use the U3 password option Windows 7 will allow you to access the data files on the drive.

Ed
Important files = Backed up files

I know this is an old question, but for anybody else looking for version 1.6.3.9 the links are correct but on another page I found this

'quote'

If the U3 Launchpad version on your U3 flash drive is 1.6.1.2 or lower, unplug the drive from the PC and repeat STEP 1 once more to update to the latest version.

Step 1 being Plug in flash drive, Run LPInstaller.exe.

So installing twice with removing drive between installs gave me v1.6.3.9 showing under About in Launchpad, if that doesn't work try a third time for good measure.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

I have tried all options, and this is is Kind of Useless...

I have the Latest version 1.6.3. 2009.09.23

I and it's not Working, Period... 

Sorry I forgot to Say, I have a Windows 7 64 bits... French Version

And by the way, works perfectly on a Windows XP Machine... From what theyr are telling...

Unfortunately, I would have to Reformat my PC to Install XP to reformat the USB key in order to make it work with Windows 7.

So My Conclusion, this is piece of Crap, software, and a Unresponsible company, selling USB key, in 2011.11.27 with no compatibility to Windows 7, and to Provide as a solution, fix my Software U3, on a Windows XP machine.

Probably made in China!!! with Chineese Software...

I'm about to just reformat all in NTFS, or other, I also have a Macbook Air (2011) and the U3 is USELESS on Mac Os Lion...

Not very Impressed either!!!

For My Friends at Sandisk, please note: There is more than US ENGLISH in the World...

So you should test your "Soft"wear, before releasing it, it's really frustrating, to be the ginny pigs...

L.Palardy

Bachelor Computer Science 1986.

Montréal, Qc

Canada

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

FYI

1. SanDisk hasn't sold U3 since 2009 so if you recently bought one it wasn't new.

2. U3 1.6.1 runs fine in Windows 7.  Windows 7 32 bit.

3. Windows 7 64 bit is junk whose only purpose is to force you to buy NEW software.  If you have a problem with U3 complain to Microsoft.  They're the problem.

4. BTW Microsoft's virtual XP mode might solve your problem. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Ed
Important files = Backed up files